• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

BUDU

And I actually liked bag nasties because you didn't have to eat by the numbers and got to enjoy a nutri grain bar or two.

Overall, yes. I dunno about you though, but the first boxed lunch my class got was the worst meal of my life. Infinitely worse than eating by the numbers.

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
Overall, yes. I dunno about you though, but the first boxed lunch my class got was the worst meal of my life. Infinitely worse than eating by the numbers.

Oh boy... Do you care to share how those "boxed lunches" are by chance? What's the meal consist of?

MGoBrew11

pilot
Wtf are they? Must be a relatively recent thing.

You get "bagged nasties" or boxed lunches in the PC world when your class was out doing something and couldn't make it back to the chow hall for lunch. For example, when you go to the fire trainer, you're away from Nimitz/the chow hall all day so CandiOs bring you some disgusting sandwhiches with NutriGrain bars and bottled water. Some people loved them because you don't have to eat by the numbers. I thought they were disgusting and I was always starving again 15 minutes after eating.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Maybe they improved the sandwiches? They were never anything special. They did have PB&J sandwiches as well, which a lot of people got way too excited about. I never got into the whole peanut butter is the best thing ever craze at OCS.

The bag nasty breakfasts on the other hand were pretty gross.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Just curious, did they tell you why?
They didn't come right out and tell us, but we know. Not sure if we're supposed to say, though. Did you graduate with 11-13?

EDIT: Belay that, just noticed your avatar/profile. If you're in student pool, I'm surprised you haven't heard about it yet. PM me your name and I'll let you know.

MurphyM11

15 September 2013 OCS - SNA
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why you have to do a PRT right before OCS only to take another one as soon as you get to OCS?

I asked my OR whether I would need to do the PRT with them before OCS and they said no. Apparently that depends upon your recruiting district. Some do not administer it to avoid having candidates injure themselves or have other types of liability related situations develop.

LET73

As you were! We're not allowed to call them "poopy suits" at OCS anymore. They're now "green coveralls" only. Other inane changes include:
White board -> visual aid panel
Gargoyles -> officer candidates under instruction
Bag nasties -> box lunches

Also we're not allowed to say "KILL!" as a ditty anymore. Even though we're in the military, and it's kind of what we do.
Wait, what? A kinder, gentler Navy, indeed. Truly a "Global Force for Good."

It's all political correctness run amok. I understand the reasoning behind it, I do, but if you're too sensitive to be called names during your military accession program, you're probably also too sensitive to get shot at (let alone shoot back). If you fold when you're getting yelled at by a DI who's playing meaningless mind games, what are you going to do when you're in a situation involving actual pressure? Call a training time out?

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
I heard someone say that the poopie suit change was something navy-wide, and that they also sometimes call them that in the fleet. I'm not a prior so I have no idea how accurate that is.

MGoBrew11

pilot
I heard someone say that the poopie suit change was something navy-wide, and that they also sometimes call them that in the fleet. I'm not a prior so I have no idea how accurate that is.

Who cares if it is Navy wide or not? I really don't understand how there are people out there who may even be sort of offended by an article of clothing being called a "poopy suit". It is ridiculous.

It takes away from the experience. Having a DI yelling "green coveralls" is just not as funny as him yelling "poopy suit". This is after the fact of course....it is never funny in the moment.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Who cares if it is Navy wide or not? I really don't understand how there are people out there who may even be sort of offended by an article of clothing being called a "poopy suit". It is ridiculous.

Explanation is not explication.