• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

USAF_WX2USN

Do we test Monday or Tuesday after we arrive? I was also reading that there is a toe touching section of the test?

Also, to re-ask my previous question. If we choose to fly in, on average do they get in in the day before or when?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
You book the flight, so you get in whenever you pick where a government flight rate is available. Work with your recruiter to see what lodging expenses you are entitled to, if any.

WEGL12

VT-28
Do we test Monday or Tuesday after we arrive? I was also reading that there is a toe touching section of the test?

Also, to re-ask my previous question. If we choose to fly in, on average do they get in in the day before or when?

I believe the first Monday is medical exams and Tuesday is the IN-PRT. At least this is what I have gathered from the gouge I have read and searching around here.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Do not get cocky about your pushups or situps. The DIs WILL come around and zero your entire count and you'll have to start over.

Also yes, your PFA is fine now, but remember, for the all the ones except the first one, you will be mal-nourished (to a point), VERY sleep deprived and body overall fatigued. THAT is when you need to suck it up and give 110%.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Anyone who has been through OCS know if this http://www.ocs.navy.mil/pdfs/COPY(FINAL)OCS_GOUGE_Single page_VERSION_September10_2012V2.pdf gouge is all I need to have memorized before arriving at OCS? I want to have all the memorization stuff down so I will not have to worry about learning it all at OCS.​

Yes, all of that is fair game. Remember to memorize the badges and insignias exactly as they are written in that guide word for word (I know...) Also you should be able to recite the chain of command in any order, not just 1 to 14.

You probably aren't going to understand chowhall until you see it but memorize the actions anyway.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Also yes, your PFA is fine now, but remember, for the all the ones except the first one, you will be mal-nourished (to a point), VERY sleep deprived and body overall fatigued. THAT is when you need to suck it up and give 110%.
I don't know if this is a Pensacola vice Newport difference, but you will not be malnurished at OCS. You can easily eat over 1,000 calories a meal and are required to down a bowl of vegetables. You might still be hungry depending on your metabolism, but malnurished? No.

Also large quantities of blue powerade make you poop green. Who knew?

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
I don't know if this is a Pensacola vice Newport difference, but you will not be malnurished at OCS. You can easily eat over 1,000 calories a meal and are required to down a bowl of vegetables. You might still be hungry depending on your metabolism, but malnurished? No.

It depends on your DI. We were only allowed protein and complex carbs until week 6. We didn't get fruit or veggies until that point. And maybe malnourished was pushing it, but 1000 calories a meal we did not get for a long while. Everyone's experiences were different, doesn't make it completely wrong just because it didn't happen to you.

And being 6'5 and 235 lbs, getting just about 400-600/meal 3x a day for 6 weeks sucked and it felt like it.

MasterBates

I don't run well on Grains/Starches. Never have. Vice a "Meat and Potatoes" guy, I've always done best on meat and green veggies.

OCS sucked in that regard.. Yes, breakfast was there, but pancakes and oatmeal didn't do too well with me. I got in worse shape at OCS than I arrived.

If you are marginal on passing ANY part of the PRT now, you best fix that shit right quick. You may run well on what they feed at OCS, but I sure as hell didn't. I got enough calories after the first couple weeks, but they weren't the right type for me.

croakerfish

pilot
It depends on your DI. We were only allowed protein and complex carbs until week 6. We didn't get fruit or veggies until that point. And maybe malnourished was pushing it, but 1000 calories a meal we did not get for a long while. Everyone's experiences were different, doesn't make it completely wrong just because it didn't happen to you.

And being 6'5 and 235 lbs, getting just about 400-600/meal 3x a day for 6 weeks sucked and it felt like it.

Same here. I definitely didn't get anywhere close to 1000/meal in Indoc week or the 2nd week. I was total spaz at eating right-handed ("One shot one kill candidate!)" Once our butthead Candio class quit sharking my food on plate: food in mouth ratio went WAY up...

Sonog

pilot
I think most people had problems getting enough calories indoc week. Between learning how to eat by the numbers, grab and go chow, and limited options (no milk) it was tough eating enough. However, as time goes on and your chow line slows down a bit and if you have a merciful DI you'll be able to grab more stuff like milk, pb, salad dressing as the weeks progress. Once you're good at eating by the numbers you can slam down a lot of food in 20 minutes.

Angry

NFO in Jax
None

Yea our class had a bigger problem with eating TOO MUCH for the first few days - minimum 10 canteens of water a day plus 3 huge meals (with the Candios pushing even more fluids) just to sit at attention at medical. You're grateful for the hydration come Wednesday though...

BackOrdered

Contributor
Our DI "The Destroyer" knocked ALOT of calories off of us day to day compared to the other classes and DIs. Eating massive portions wasn't about hunger, it was about "do you want to pass out during the next beat down?" The man was brutal. When he was away, other DIs in passing would just tell him on us rather than wasting time with a token beating because they knew he was the only one who could deliver a quality beat down. That said, I was in easily the best shape of my entire life after going through that.