• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

WEGL12

VT-28
Very few people actually DOR, when I saw the stats for FY12 I was surprised at how low it was, if I remember correctly more are discharged for previously unfound medical issues, and that itself is very low.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that the percentage of people that didn't complete the program was that low. Just found that interesting because I figured many people didn't realize what they got into.

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that the percentage of people that didn't complete the program was that low. Just found that interesting because I figured many people didn't realize what they got into.

There has been a very big push to make sure people are fully aware (as much as they can) and have no medical issues. It is pretty rare to have someone sent home (discharged) that doesn't want to go home.

yakboyslim

None
As a general rule of thumb you will roll for however much time you need (if it is due to health or a PFA issue). In those case you will likely have to retake a PFA before jumping into a new class. I never saw anyone get to wait for a class to catch up to them. You were only in H class until you could go back to a normal class, but not a day longer (the caveat being that if you had made it to week 2-3 you would wait until a class finished indoc week, and if you didn't make it through indoc week you would wait for a new class to start before rolling in)

If you rolled for RLP or other inspection, you might very well go directly to your new class with no time in H-class. Always a blast to take your recently destroyed belongings to a new hatch and start the prep work over again.

If you passed an inspection, evalution or academic test in one class you would not need to retake that event (in most cases) in a new class.

For anyone waiting to go, don't worry about this stuff. You will learn when you get there that only a small set of things are actually under your control. I rolled twice, once my fault and once not really, but knowing about h-class wouldn't have changed that. Just go to OCS prepared physically, work hard and don't let anything affect you too much. The Navy wants you to pass if you want to pass.

exNavyOffRec

The Navy wants you to pass if you want to pass.

case in point, when I was visiting my old NRD a few months ago (August?) they said that Ensign XXXX had just arrived from OCS to do OHARP, this person left for OCS in Jan 2012 and rolled over and over again, but this person kept trying.

jmcquate

Contributor
Yes, it's going to suck, but it could be worse: You could be doing OCS in Quantico.

chopper-thumb-250x323.jpg
Chiggers, Confidece Course, and Sgt. Intsructers..............oh my

BUDU

case in point, when I was visiting my old NRD a few months ago (August?) they said that Ensign XXXX had just arrived from OCS to do OHARP, this person left for OCS in Jan 2012 and rolled over and over again, but this person kept trying.

I recently found out there was a guy who started with my OCS class in summer 2011 and commissioned about three months ago.

exNavyOffRec

I recently found out there was a guy who started with my OCS class in summer 2011 and commissioned about three months ago.

I had a guy that was there about 9 months, but his was medical, jacked up his knee. I had another that was there about 8 months also medical, he was injured with about a week left.

As much as it sucks, in the end much easier for the guys that have medical issues to stay there then go home and re-apply.

SeaHawk2011

FinSel SWO
I think my questions got lost in the shuffle. Reposting :)

Should stuff I bring with me be labeled with my name?

Also, what's the general consensus on college transcripts? The OCS website doesn't list them on the list of what to bring, but the Guide to Success book from my recruiter does. And if I do need them, do I need them from all the schools I attended, or just the one where I received my degree (I sent in all of them with my application packet)?

Does anyone know the policy for bringing birth control to OCS (or if it's even allowed)? I've been on it since I was 18, and the last thing I want is to be completely screwing up my hormones while I'm there (TMI, sorry guys haha). I asked my OR, and he doesn't know the answer...

Silhouette

Does anyone know the policy for bringing birth control to OCS (or if it's even allowed)? I've been on it since I was 18, and the last thing I want is to be completely screwing up my hormones while I'm there (TMI, sorry guys haha). I asked my OR, and he doesn't know the answer...
Hey there, Ruthless. Bring it and make sure you have the doc's (current) prescription for it. Pretty sure they'll hook you up when you go to medical shortly after reporting (meaning the Navy will start providing your refills, etc). That's what I'm doing. Like you said, wouldn't want to mess up/ confuse your body right before reporting.

croakerfish

pilot

Yes, it's allowed. They'll get it all taken care of the day you report.

SeaHawk2011

FinSel SWO
Hey there, Ruthless. Bring it and make sure you have the doc's (current) prescription for it. Pretty sure they'll hook you up when you go to medical shortly after reporting (meaning the Navy will start providing your refills, etc). That's what I'm doing. Like you said, wouldn't want to mess up/ confuse your body right before reporting.

In regards to the prescription, I have the implant, so I don't need "refills" for another 2 years. Do I still need to bring documentation? (its on my meps paperwork)

Silhouette

In regards to the prescription, I have the implant, so I don't need "refills" for another 2 years. Do I still need to bring documentation? (its on my meps paperwork)
Hmm, croaker or someone that's been through recently might be able to better help you, but a good rule of thumb is that it's better to have unnecessary docs than not enough. If it's on your MEPS stuff, I would think that covers you, but that is simply my educated guess as I haven't been there, done that yet.