• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

BUDU

images

BUDU

Reinforcement Physical Training. Allegedly not allowed to last more than 10 min at a time... :?

But that's only things that are classified as PT. Squats, pushups, what-have-you. If a DI wants to make you sprint, or hold the rifle out at arm's length, or roll around in the sand pit...you can do that as long as he damn well pleases.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
What is a beat down? Never had a term like that when I went through AOCS in '78
RPT (remedial physical training). Just extra pt for doing something wrong, or really anything.
Reinforcement Physical Training. Allegedly not allowed to last more than 10 min at a time... :?
In 1982-3 we just called it getting the shit PTed out of us. No time limits and what we had to do was limited only by the DI's imagination. Many times as one DI finished another came strolling along and started it all over again.

Renegade One

None
In 1982-3 we just called it getting the shit PTed out of us. No time limits and what we had to do was limited only by the DI's imagination. Many times as one DI finished another came strolling along and started it all over again.
Pretty much mirrors the 1971 experience...I'm glad some things didn't change. Except I guess they have.

croakerfish

pilot
Pretty much mirrors the 1971 experience...I'm glad some things didn't change. Except I guess they have.

I definitely got beat for more than 10 minutes, and double-teamed a few times as well. Stuff like that is only enforced when things are getting legitimately out of hand.

MGoBrew11

pilot
When I swore in I was given a booklet about physical fitness and OCS. In the booklet, the main emphasis is on weight lifting. It asks you to do a number or exercises before you show up because you do them at OCS and you need to know what your max weights are...

Do you actually lift weights at OCS PT/how often? I would like to know so that I can start doing the booklet's program if it is actually necessary.

This booklet was the first I had heard of lifting weights at OCS which I thought was odd.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
You do a ton of strength exercises that creatively use your body weight. Weight training is a good way to build those muscles. Crossfit, P90X, etc would also be good ways to do that. When in doubt though, do more situps and pushups. Don't show up out of shape.

MGoBrew11

pilot
You do a ton of strength exercises that creatively use your body weight. Weight training is a good way to build those muscles. Crossfit, P90X, etc would also be good ways to do that. When in doubt though, do more situps and pushups. Don't show up out of shape.

Thanks! I think I'll be okay. I already do lots of situps, pushups, running and some weight training. I was just wondering if we should be doing the weight exercises they specify in their manual. From your response, doesn't sound like it is necessary.

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
We didn't touch weights until Candio phase, and that was only if you wanted to lift during your (rare) free time.