• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

craftingraptor

Dreaming about the P-8A
pilot
You mean there aren't contractors to clean our toilets? What happened to train like we fight?

Even though you're supposed to do sweepers in candio phase, a lot of people slack and don't. And they do have contractors that just clean the candio (and staff) restrooms for that reason.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I remember the contractors coming in once or twice a week and disinfecting. And Candios blowing off sweepers!?!? Thats gotta be some kind of integrity violation! Straight to OPS!

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Sweepers was a no go after a certain point. That was one of the good things about being on Indoc staff....and I was knowledge body, so sweepers was the only time I could make it down to Sniper Alley to make copies with no DI's around. Except the one day when MGySgt was still around and scared the shit out of us....but left us alone luckily....

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I carried a folder with a blank sheet of paper during sweepers...I would walk smartly down the P-way like I was headed somewhere important and go find a rack in one of the empty wings and sleep.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I carried a folder with a blank sheet of paper during sweepers...I would walk smartly down the P-way like I was headed somewhere important and go find a rack in one of the empty wings and sleep.

Take this with you to the fleet.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Except it needs to be a secret folder :D

That trick will never stop working.

I don't know.... it seems like SECRET would prompt a bothersome question from an O-4, whereas a blue "General Admin" folder seems like boring, suicide-inducing paperwork that no one wants to know about.... just walk smartly, and when the tasking eyes start prying

"Say there, LT PewPew.... I need you to ...."

"Oh, uh... sir. I have this.... thing.... I gotta..... bye!" and carry on smartly.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Can we add always leave a spare garrison cover/phone/keys on your desk during the day?

GreenLantern330

Do you think it matters when you apply;do you think your chances of being selected (I know this question should never be asked but bare with me) depend upon which month you apply? For example, if the FY starts in OCT, there would probably be a lot of pro-reccs, but also a lot more people applying than, say, NOV or DEC. I guess what I'm trying to say is, do you think certain months are more competitive than others?

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Do you think it matters when you apply;do you think your chances of being selected (I know this question should never be asked but bare with me) depend upon which month you apply? For example, if the FY starts in OCT, there would probably be a lot of pro-reccs, but also a lot more people applying than, say, NOV or DEC. I guess what I'm trying to say is, do you think certain months are more competitive than others?

This has been discussed somewhere on here before. So if you want to look around for it then by all means as you will probably get a better answer. But to echo what has been said many times before don't try to figure out a system like that. It is a waste of your time. Yes some months are more competitive then others. Which months that is changes constantly as well. You can look here recently to see how the Navy handles selecting more people then they have spots for. The important thing to remember is that the boards are going to select people based off their qualifications and whether or not they believe that individual would be a good fit for the Navy.

A

AlexSmart

are laptops ok in lucky bags, or will I have to find someone with a car to stow it

edit: any other common items that are allowed/not allowed to be brought in and stowed in lucky bags

thanks

Ezekiel

Falling, with style
None
are laptops ok in lucky bags, or will I have to find someone with a car to stow it

As far as rules go, I don't know. From a practical standpoint, don't. Think about desperate OCs throwing your stuff around as they try to find their all-important alarm clock, q-tips or nail polish.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
The OCS website gives you a list of what to bring. Laptops were a no go a little over two years ago, and it's probably the same now. There is a computer lab that you'll have access to to do NKO and write an occasional email.

that mike guy

JSUPT primary @ VAFB, Enid, OK
Are the seagulls really that bad about dropping shells and shit in the parking lot where out vehicles will be for the duration of OCS?? trying to decide if its worth buying a car cover.