• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

exNavyOffRec

Bdcp says you need 60 credits though?
That is applying for BDCP, not OCS, now completion of the BDCP program leads to OCS, similar but different. There are also some caveats to the 60 semester credit rule, for instance you may have 60 credits from a community college and be accepted to a 4 year college but the board like to see success at the 4 year college. They are also much more picky on the GPA.

mmandziak

another question for the more informed than me...does a PPL significantly help your chances getting picked up for SNA? Is it worth the $10,000+ or will a high GPA and good ASTB performance be enough?

Last edited:

mmandziak

Do well on the ASTB
Sorry for the double reply but forgot to aska critical question. How do I prove that I am within a year of graduating? I have an academic plan set for me by my advisor for the remaining semesters of my undergrad that shows I am on track to graduate in May of 2026.

I am getting the ASTB and MEPS physicals out of the way now so I can apply to as many boards as possible from May 2025 - May 2026.

Mil3s

SNA Select
Sorry for the double reply but forgot to aska critical question. How do I prove that I am within a year of graduating? I have an academic plan set for me by my advisor for the remaining semesters of my undergrad that shows I am on track to graduate in May of 2026.

I am getting the ASTB and MEPS physicals out of the way now so I can apply to as many boards as possible from May 2025 - May 2026.
Have you tried talking to an officer recruiter yet? I know that may sound obvious but they should be able to point you in the right direction for all of your questions since you will be in contact with them in order to schedule your meps and astb.

mmandziak

Have you tried talking to an officer recruiter yet? I know that may sound obvious but they should be able to point you in the right direction for all of your questions since you will be in contact with them in order to schedule your meps and astb.
I am 'working' with a recruiter but to be frank he is not very helpful. He has been trying to convince me that I need to wait until I graduate to even apply for an OCS board and has also said that the instant selection program has not started yet...so I am wary of working with him further due to his obvious misinformation and/or motives behind not telling me the truth.

There is another recruiter about 2 hours away which I am going to try to establish contact with this week, if not I will pay them a visit. Thanks for the help.

exNavyOffRec

You will have to fill out a degree plan and if you are over a year out then you would be up for BDCP which is much harder to get selected for. MEPS physicals are only good for 2 years which is fine if you plan on applying for BDCP as long as you have a great GPA. If you have an average GPA there is no reason to send you to MEPS now.
I am 'working' with a recruiter but to be frank he is not very helpful. He has been trying to convince me that I need to wait until I graduate to even apply for an OCS board and has also said that the instant selection program has not started yet...so I am wary of working with him further due to his obvious misinformation and/or motives behind not telling me the truth.

There is another recruiter about 2 hours away which I am going to try to establish contact with this week, if not I will pay them a visit. Thanks for the help.
I think looking for a new OR is a good idea.

mmandziak

You will have to fill out a degree plan and if you are over a year out then you would be up for BDCP which is much harder to get selected for. MEPS physicals are only good for 2 years which is fine if you plan on applying for BDCP as long as you have a great GPA. If you have an average GPA there is no reason to send you to MEPS now.

I think looking for a new OR is a good idea.
No plans for BDCP. I’m exactly 2 years from graduating once May rolls around, and I have a degree plan already set by my college advisor showing all the classes I am taking in my last 2 years + that I'm on track to graduate May 2026.

Getting LASIK sometime this June/July, so MEPS for physical in the upcoming December/January. I think that puts me on track to make it in for the *potential* summer board of 2025.

exNavyOffRec

No plans for BDCP. I’m exactly 2 years from graduating once May rolls around, and I have a degree plan already set by my college advisor showing all the classes I am taking in my last 2 years + that I'm on track to graduate May 2026.

Getting LASIK sometime this June/July, so MEPS for physical in the upcoming December/January. I think that puts me on track to make it in for the *potential* summer board of 2025.
If you are on track for May 2026 the earliest you could go to board is May 2025, after the surgery document are cleared probably looking at getting to meps early 2025.

mmandziak

If you are on track for May 2026 the earliest you could go to board is May 2025, after the surgery document are cleared probably looking at getting to meps early 2025.
Exactly as I had planned it…thanks for confirming everything for me though!

One final question and then I’ll stop bothering you haha…do you think I should ‘confront’ my recruiter about his bad information? His office is a 2 minute walk (2 buildings over) from my college apartment so it’s a very convenient situation for me.

exNavyOffRec

Exactly as I had planned it…thanks for confirming everything for me though!

One final question and then I’ll stop bothering you haha…do you think I should ‘confront’ my recruiter about his bad information? His office is a 2 minute walk (2 buildings over) from my college apartment so it’s a very convenient situation for me.
He may not be an officer recruiter, just find another