• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
For those with full beards that grow in thick.

Do you shave every morning at OCS? Or is there time to shave at night to avoid having to do it in the morning?
Or, shower at night so all that's left in the morning is shaving?

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
For those with full beards that grow in thick.

Do you shave every morning at OCS? Or is there time to shave at night to avoid having to do it in the morning?
Or, shower at night so all that's left in the morning is shaving?
In boot camp I shaved every morning and my DIs made me carry a razor everywhere so I could shave before all three meals lol

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
In boot camp I shaved every morning and my DIs made me carry a razor everywhere so I could shave before all three meals lol
That's funny, yet sucky. I know boot camp is different than OCS, but is there time to shower/shave prior to lights out? Do we know of any material that gives a breakdown of day-to-day OCS life?

That's funny, yet sucky. I know boot camp is different than OCS, but is there time to shower/shave prior to lights out? Do we know of any material that gives a breakdown of day-to-day OCS life?
In the Navy we have something called the “Plan if the Day”. It varies depending on what we’re doing but we always have reveille, chow and taps at the same time (usually). If you do some research in Google I’m sure you can get your hands on the plan of the Day. I personally like the excitement of not knowing every little detail. More exciting...

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
In the Navy we have something called the “Plan if the Day”. It varies depending on what we’re doing but we always have reveille, chow and taps at the same time (usually). If you do some research in Google I’m sure you can get your hands on the plan of the Day. I personally like the excitement of not knowing every little detail. More exciting...

Real nice look here. Has daily schedule on the Week 2 link and a weekly blow by blow.

��
TIME:EVOLUTION:
0500REVEILLE
0525PT
0645CHOW
0730CLEAN UP
0800ACADEMICS/BRIEFS
1100CHOW
1200ACADEMICS/BRIEFS
1700CHOW
1830STUDY PERIOD
2100SWEEPERS
2200TAPS

What's sweepers? Like a chores time? Cleaning? Nevermind, it's time to clean the regiment.
At 2200 is taps. Does that mean after 2200 is when we get the opportunity to brush teeth/shave/shower/etc prior to going to bed? Or is that a 2200 and you're in your bunk?

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
What's sweepers? Like a chores time? Cleaning? Nevermind, it's time to clean the regiment.
At 2200 is taps. Does that mean after 2200 is when we get the opportunity to brush teeth/shave/shower/etc prior to going to bed? Or is that a 2200 and you're in your bunk?
[/QUOTE]

You are required to "go to bed" at 2200... but people will have to use the restroom, prep for watch, etc.

almond_615

How do you get the no-shave chit? I can shave at 6am and by 12pm/1pm, my face is already rough to the touch.

You have to have a medical condition that necessitates one. For instance, bck in boot camp, a sailor had such bad acne that he was cutting into them when he had to shave.