• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I am active duty. Currently on leave so I haven't been able to reach out to my CCC. I can touch base with them the week after next when I get back. I just couldn't find anything on the forum.

If you get selected for your second choice before your first choice, your first choice will still be considered.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
I was actually curious about that too. In Great Lakes it was one of the first things they did. But since you aren't technically an O1/ ENS until commissioning, so what would it say on your ID?

All OCs are E-5s. Or at least we’re paid that way, the grade denotes nothing in terms of authority.

rockthearts281

meh, worst case scenario, we die.
All OCs are E-5s. Or at least we’re paid that way, the grade denotes nothing in terms of authority.
Yes. So does your CAC card Say E5 on it, or do they issue your commissioned ID while still in the OC phase? Seems kinda silly to issue someone a E5/ OC CAC when they will have to just get a brand new ID in another 2 months.

I guess not the weirdest thing I have experienced in the military though.

How stingy are bathroom breaks? I have the bladder of a 50 year old woman who's birthed a barber shop quartet. Maybe the Navy is forgiving enough not to consider Depends contraband.

Meyerkord

pilot
How stingy are bathroom breaks? I have the bladder of a 50 year old woman who's birthed a barber shop quartet. Maybe the Navy is forgiving enough not to consider Depends contraband.
Head calls and water re-fills are two things you'll never be denied at OCS, and they're pretty good about it. Just ask permission if you're under instruction. If you're in class, most instructors don't care if you get up and go as needed, but a lot of them will break for 5-10 minutes every once in a while to let people go too.

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet
What are some of the best ways to prep for RLP? Do the DIs and RDCs even have time to go through each one of your shorts, shirts, and socks to look for loose threads?

Also, if you fail RLP do you get to look at your scoresheet to see where you failed?

Birdbrain

pilot
Yes, but just barely. The situps are fine, the pushups I've got as well, still 30 seconds slow on the run. That is running alone, and I'm always faster running with other people, so I'm just going to be as fast/slim as possible in the meantime and deal with the PFA when I get there
If you have to use that much mental gymnastics shooting for the minimum numbers you will fail during the real deal. Due to stress, sleep, overhydrating, and lack of quality food you will be weaker and slower than you are now. Don't just scrape by. Surpass. Seriously aim for a good low.

What are some of the best ways to prep for RLP? Do the DIs and RDCs even have time to go through each one of your shorts, shirts, and socks to look for loose threads?
Of course not. But the moment you show that you didn't study for knowledge they're going to take time to find enough things wrong to fail you.

Head calls and water re-fills are two things you'll never be denied at OCS, and they're pretty good about it. Just ask permission if you're under instruction. If you're in class, most instructors don't care if you get up and go as needed, but a lot of them will break for 5-10 minutes every once in a while to let people go too.

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear that there likely won't be an issue. It's laughably been one of my biggest worries about OCS.