• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

What paperwork is filled out day 1 at OCS. I have a lot of specific things I had to put on my medical and SF86 form with details that would be tough to remember if I don’t have a copy in front of me. Should I bring a copy?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
What paperwork is filled out day 1 at OCS. I have a lot of specific things I had to put on my medical and SF86 form with details that would be tough to remember if I don’t have a copy in front of me. Should I bring a copy?

All of that will be sent over to OCS anyway. Don’t worry about it, just follow the checklist of items to bring...

AULANI

Trust me...you don't need a boat cloak, mess dress or a pith helmet to start.

I'm actually a bit surprised that your initial outfitting could cost that much, but it's been a while, admittedly.

We can save some money depending on the version of Dress Blues we choose (Brooks Brothers etc.) and what brand shoes we choose but the total bill will still come close to $3,500. Most of us ended up getting another pair of khakis since almost everyone spills something on them and we were wearing them every day from Senior Officer Candidate phase onward. Also, we bought extra uniform items just for inspections. The uniform card they give you can be used on anything and honestly (and sadly) most of us used that money to buy cleaning supplies for our rooms.

If you sign up for the NEX card, at the end of OCS you can transfer your uniform balance to the card and they'll take off 15% for that total amount. So $525 in savings if you owe $3,500 for example.

Fifrein

Still Learning
I'm FINSEL SNA in the Sep. 2nd OCS class, and we're scheduled to end Nov 21st due to Thanksgiving. I was wondering, how much time would I have before I have to report to Pensacola? Is it reasonable to try and celebrate the holiday with my family after they've flown out for my graduation?

(Note: I found a similar question and answer about 100 pages back in this thread, but it was regarding the ever more confusing Christmas and didn't really give me as helpful of an answer as I was looking for.)

Meyerkord

pilot
I'm FINSEL SNA in the Sep. 2nd OCS class, and we're scheduled to end Nov 21st due to Thanksgiving. I was wondering, how much time would I have before I have to report to Pensacola? Is it reasonable to try and celebrate the holiday with my family after they've flown out for my graduation?

(Note: I found a similar question and answer about 100 pages back in this thread, but it was regarding the ever more confusing Christmas and didn't really give me as helpful of an answer as I was looking for.)
Expect 3 months of OHARP. That’s what all the SNAs have been getting for quite a while now

Ranch Dubois

Would bringing a lacrosse ball to OCS be considered contraband? Obviously not for recreational purposes but I like to use it at night to roll out my feet and calves when they are sore, or on my back muscles for the same reason. Does anyone have experience with this or similar items used for health/body maintenance purposes? Thanks in advance.

Brandon C

Would bringing a lacrosse ball to OCS be considered contraband? Obviously not for recreational purposes but I like to use it at night to roll out my feet and calves when they are sore, or on my back muscles for the same reason. Does anyone have experience with this or similar items used for health/body maintenance purposes? Thanks in advance.

I was told you apply for a chit for things like that when you check in. The person I talked to said that there were usually no issues. I’m taking a lacrosse ball and insoles for the running shoes.

AULANI

It is contraband, and they’ll make you put it in your lucky bag the first day. Later on if you visit the physical therapist you can request a message ball, or something like it.

I’m pretty sure insoles for running shoes are contraband too.

AirMed98

Has anyone had allergies at OCS and brought with them over the counter medication like Claritin? Was curious if we were allowed to have them or not?

peppergunner

ɹǝqɯǝW pǝʇɹǝʌuI
They get taken from you until week 3 I guess. Only requirement is that it has an alarm, so I guess you're asking which ones have good alarms?