• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Sometimes candidates require swift physical inputs in order to promptly unscrew themselves. It's not abusive just shocking sometimes. One time I was "killing" my canteen after PT. The class was in PT formation and not a cool down circle. This means right hand is a knife hand, fingers grounded, grounded to the base of the canteen, name tag facing outward. Canteen never leaves your mouth and is held over your head when fully killed. Then you drink at the position of attention, heels together, feet at a 45 degree angle, thousand yard stare. Left hand is curled into a fist, thumbnail along trouser seem pointing towards the deck with fingers rolled into the trouser.

Needless to say my fingers were not properly rolled so my Gunny "fixed" me while conveying is dissatisfaction. He was out of my field of vision and actually ended pushing me a little. I ended up choking on some water (or fluid as they say) and coughed it up. The Gunny looked at me, laughed and said, "That's what I'm talking about." He then stormed off to "fix" someone else.

Ahhh OCS.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Not needed. Within the first 2 weeks you will go to the NEX to buy supplies. Generally you make a NEX run about once a week. When in doubt you can always borrow. If you bring in 3 months worth you will have problems storing it in your room due to lack of space. I suppose you could leave it in your car but it's truly not necessary. I never knew anyone to stock up on that stuff. Really a non-issue.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I got my tray pushed back at me as I was "apparently" eye-balling the DIs in the mirror in the Chow Hall by the tray return. It created a nice domino effect. That was Pcola, and I think the candidates who went through there know what mirrors I am talking about.

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
beatings suck at the moment but i like them. i'm at a stage where beatings are less frequent and i'm always looking forward to a good beating because i've put on about 10 pounds of bad weight since i've been in OCS.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
DI's can RPT (beat) you. "Remedial Physical Training" is just that. It's PT. IE: pushups until your arms are jello and beyond, bends and thrusts until someone cries, 8 count body-builders until someone turns into a tomato and passes out. They can grab you and manhandle you a bit (ie: if you are not positioned properly, they may grab you by your shirt and shove you where you're supposed to be), but they are not allowed to strike you. Believe me, it's stressful enough without the actual physical striking. And, as I understand it, the ass-beatings will eventually come (a la SERE).

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
beatings suck at the moment but i like them. i'm at a stage where beatings are less frequent and i'm always looking forward to a good beating because i've put on about 10 pounds of bad weight since i've been in OCS.

How did you manage to put on 10lbs of weight DURING OCS?

BackOrdered

Contributor
Skim, every time I see you walking around I'm so jealous. I cannot wait to be in your shoes!!! The good news is I passed RLP on the first try last week and about to move on to week 6!! Tomorrow is our Engineering test and then mid-PFA on Monday. Hope my luck continues. Be sure to stop by 12-08 and say goodbye before you head out, alright bro?

Man, you are almost done! God, it feels like I've been waiting forever for my class date. Georgia Boy will be in class with me at this rate.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I got my tray pushed back at me as I was "apparently" eye-balling the DIs in the mirror in the Chow Hall by the tray return. It created a nice domino effect. That was Pcola, and I think the candidates who went through there know what mirrors I am talking about.

Those mirrors were good for spying...until you were caught. Then the suck was brought on, big time.:D

phrogpilot73

It all depends on what you look like when you get there. Muscle weighs more than fat. I was 128 lbs when I went to boot camp, and was 135 when I left. I had no fat (or muscle) on my body when I showed up.

And no, I'm not 135 now. Beer helped me achieve my current weight.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Well, speaking of old timers, a retired Army officer friend of our families recanted a time where a sergeant was purposefully "rough" on him during physical force training. Didn't work out well for the sergeant.
I think, and hope, you mean recounted.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
How did you manage to put on 10lbs of weight DURING OCS?
Easy, I put that much on too. It's a combination of more muscle mass and the freaking god-awful food the feed you. If your class has the option of having powerbars that just adds to the terrible food in your system.