• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation (Part 3)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Correct, I got that part. But more in terms of, are there any "hidden" age restrictions. I had a colleague of mine say that his son, applied Air Force also 26, went through flight school, finished but got rerouted for something else because he was "too old". I don't really buy it but made me curious.

In a word: no. No one cares about your age for selection.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Correct, I got that part. But more in terms of, are there any "hidden" age restrictions. I had a colleague of mine say that his son, applied Air Force also 26, went through flight school, finished but got rerouted for something else because he was "too old". I don't really buy it but made me curious.
Nah man...nothing hidden. Your story reminds me of more than a few flight school attrites. Usually people accept attrition and move on, but there's always somebody who coulda, woulda passed if "the man" wouldn't have held him down.

Pakol

Learner's permit
pilot
Do Marine Aviators in HMLA squadrons fly the Hueys and Cobras (Venoms/Vipers?) interchangeably, or are Aviators assigned one platform and stick with it?