• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation (Part 3)

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
You don’t understand venting to the people you are friends with and/or fly with about being frustrated at work? You don’t understand the point of social media? You don’t understand being frustrated when, despite all of the work you put into a person, they just don’t fucking get it? Or being frustrated that they wasted a spot someone more qualified missed out on?

Or do you just not understand that some of us have vastly divergent methods and personalities and we use our strengths to get the job done.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
I guess I don't understand why it takes an hour including a nicotine and alcohol break to calm my nerves enough to make a debrief. But keep doing you.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
CU6x.gif

Here's the part where you say, "I think I'm entitled." :D

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
For me, the frustration occurs only after the student shows strong defense mechanisms, resulting in his refusal to listen or follow instructions. At that point there is a stagnation in learning. In one of the most extreme cases I've seen, the student made an IG complaint against the instructor (not me). The instructor was disciplined, rightfully so, and the student's behavior resulted in changes to SOP in an effort to protect students, instructors and the command against future bastardizations of the learning/teaching process. But to be truthful, the event was the result of a very poor student with a rather unagreeable personality coupled with an instructor with his own issues and a low tolerance for those who question his techniques.

If you can't understand frustration when instructing you probably haven't done it enough or don't care enough. Not unlike raising children to be responsible adults. Show me a parent that never gets frustrated and I'll show you the sensitive snowflake standing next to them.

I need those gloves for the museum!
Sadly, they are no longer available. Their owner has moved on to another job.

Austin-Powers

Powers By Name, Powers By Reputation
Assuming I was in the Navy as an Aviator, would it be hard to do a foreign military exchange, I would like to work with the Indian Navy even though I need to kill the closest gator right now. :)