• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghish

It's an honest question that deserves an honest answer. You don't have to try to belittle people on a board devoted to questions. For an officer you might need to learn a little tact. Since, I have been at TBS (3 months) we haven't really talked about the aviation pipeline that much, and I was just curious about the aviation contracts who will be training with the airforce at Vance, instead of the Navy at Pensacola.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Suprisingly enough, there isn't much of a pool right now for the Marines. I hear it's a different story for the Navy. MATSG already gave us our start dates for API. We all have to report 30 June and the first class for our group starts a week or two later. I start 1 Aug. Only 4 Lt's from our company got shafted into going to Vance, and one of those volunteered!
Yeah, Fox company had 110 SNA's but they also graduated TBS 3 months ago, the last of their SNA's go through API the first or second week of July. Our company only had 24 slots for IFS and those filled up right away (all volunteers) but they won't get start dates for a while. We just finished our War, so a couple weeks of admin and we're off to Pensacola.

LAND MINES are equal opportunity weapons!!!

Jeremy

Ok...I need clarification. What is IOC, IFS, and FIP? I am learning a lot from this site but I don't know those acronyms, they are new. Could you explain E5B?

Thanks,

-J

Jeremy

Ok, I need clarification. What is IOC, FIP, and IFS? These are new acronyms that I haven't heard yet. Also, I am going to try and have my private pilot's license before I attend OCS. Is this helpful? Will I be a step ahead of the rest?

-J

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
IOC = Infantry Officer Course- 10 week Hazing package

FIP = Flight Indoctrination Program - usually done before commissioning -I used it

IFS = Initial Flight Screening ----I think----done after TBS

Beetle

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Hey E5B, I too did FIP my senior year. Did you have to sign a six month service extension in order to apply for it? I did, but can't find anything in my OQR documenting it.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
what does IFS stand for? (I'm assuming it has something to do with flight hours) And what's the benefits of choosing your location for Primary at TBS? does it affect what pipeline you go into? Sorry, just a lot of questions from the new guy.

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

Jeremy

Thanks E5B. Hope everything at TBS is going well for ya. Should I look into any of these or just stick to what I'm doing? Just to let you know what I'm doing, its this.
Have Private and Instrument ratings done prior to OCS.

-J

wildflyin69

LOL..oops...I think I just didn't notice that there was a second page to all this..sorry about that.

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
JBoomer, yeah same thing here. Who knows.......I'm not complaining though. Hey, congrats on getting jets!!!

Jeremy I forget, are you going to OCS this summer or next?

Me and another Lt were over by OCS scouting out a good fishing hole on the Potomac and saw a couple of candidate buses full of candidates show up...........ahhh the joy..of not ever having to do that again. lol

Beetle

Jeremy

Next summer E5B. I'm the prior enlisted Sergeant member?
I'm just looking to make the most out of knowing what to expect and the best things to do in advance to prepare. I want to always be one step ahead, that way I can get into the Cobra slot maybe a little easier.

-J

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Dave/E5B, congrates on making it through TBS without loosing your mind! good luck on your move to P'Cola; whole different world down there ...

semper fi

pic3.JPG

Originally posted by E5B
Suprisingly enough, there isn't much of a pool right now for the Marines. I hear it's a different story for the Navy. MATSG already gave us our start dates for API. We all have to report 30 June and the first class for our group starts a week or two later. I start 1 Aug. Only 4 Lt's from our company got shafted into going to Vance, and one of those volunteered!
Yeah, Fox company had 110 SNA's but they also graduated TBS 3 months ago, the last of their SNA's go through API the first or second week of July. Our company only had 24 slots for IFS and those filled up right away (all volunteers) but they won't get start dates for a while. We just finished our War, so a couple weeks of admin and we're off to Pensacola.

LAND MINES are equal opportunity weapons!!!

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Jarhead, thanks. Congrats on your selection to Capt! I see what you mean, one could easily loose his/her mind here at TBS. It's like SOI times 3, to the 7th power. lol

Beetle

wildflyin69

What does IFS consist of?

Status
Not open for further replies.