• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

stretching during pt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gin_e

is stretching an integral part of the regular pt? i stretch 1-3 times a day and always right after working out when my muslces are still hot. they prescribe a whole series of stretches along with the OCS Conditioning program so i assume they go through those same stretches every morning at pt. how long do they let you hold each stretch?

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
You'll stretch before every event. You'll usually do it as a company, encircling a table, with a PTI leading. I think they generally hold around 10 seconds.

howlermonkey

stretch before and after your workout. we always did a warmup stretch and a cooldown stretch for morning pt. you won't get a chance to stretch when you get mashed, so they recommend that you stretch in your free time
you'll have opportunities in the evenings to stretch, ice, and do any extra exercises you might want to do

mbtans

The class stretches you'll do at OCS don't really do enough for you and so people stretch during little bits of free time that they can find. You should also stretch every night for at least ten minutes. You can combine this time with other things that you'll need to get done too.

It's difficult the first several weeks because you'll get mashed without warming up or stretching... that's why it's so important to stretch at least every night in addition to the stretches you do as a class in the morning PT.

Status
Not open for further replies.