• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Straightening out an OE pay issue.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
I had 4 years 0 days of active duty time followed by 4 years of IRR time (with no drills) and I was commissioned as an O-1E over 8.

Devil Duck

I ended up working directly with NPC to get my O1E straightened out. Took over a month. Thankfully, got it fixed before I commissioned (DCO). I ended up having to provide copies of my original enlistments (2x), and DD214.

My case was a little different as I had about an eight year break in service.

ROSCIAE SAVIOR

Hellow everyone and I would like to add to this thread because it is a continuing problem with people getting 0-1E status.
As of November 24, 2003, you do not have to go by "just" the 4 years and 1 day thread. I hear this everyday and I feel like dropping a Nuke on all of you. It says under
10 U.S.C. 12732(a)(2). That E pay will be granted by using "TOTAL" that means "TOTAL" retirment points to qualify. That USC states it can be from Active, Active Reserve, and YES Inactive Reserve membership points COUNT! So in my case, I did 4 years active Marines (1460 active duty points) "thats 4 years and NO 1 DAY!, 4 years Inactive Reserve (60 membership points) which gives me TOTAL 1520 points. I got commissioned into Army as 0-1E with 8 years. It clearly states in section (a) of that US code that points will use all three fields and not just this silly notion I hear of "ACTIVE" points only. IO have got this reassured from DFAS directly and there words were if any financial office cannot understand this simple law. I hope this helps because I'm sick of people thingking that Reserve time points do not count for getting (0-1E) IT DOES!!!! So if a guy has so many years of just reserve time but his TOTAL points go over 1460, HEs IN! rather you like it or not its law. 0-1E he will get!!!!

By the way, do not take "dropping a Nuke" seriously. its a joke because of all the headache IO have got taking me to get the financial office to understand the simple rule of how 0-1E works. Email me if you need help. I got help from DFAS to get mine. They were suprised and could not understand why financial offices could not understand this simple rule that was clearly put in on November 24, 2003 under paragraph 6 of basic pay. I have the pdf file if anyone needs it as well as the link to the
10 U.S.C. 12732(a)(2) code, just google it.

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
I had 4 years 0 days of active duty time followed by 4 years of IRR time (with no drills) and I was commissioned as an O-1E over 8.

I know this is almost a year old, but wow. You got 8 years of service? That seems weird. I did 2 years of IRR, not earning any points on the process. I'd be shocked if that counted towards my pay.

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
I know this is almost a year old, but wow. You got 8 years of service? That seems weird. I did 2 years of IRR, not earning any points on the process. I'd be shocked if that counted towards my pay.

If you were in the IRR, as a minimum you should have been accruing membership points (15 per anniversary year). And yes, time spent in the IRR will count towards longevity raises.

ROSCIAE SAVIOR

If you did 2 years of IRR , look at your annual retirement sheet in your service disk and it will show you if you got "15" membership points. if it shows those points, then it will count towards your pay. Those annual points will show on annual retirement sheet that starts after your active years. For example, I had 4 years active = to 1460 points, then I went on 4 years of IRR and I have a annual retirement sheet for each year and it says "15" points awarded as membership points. So in all I have 8 calculated towards pay, hope this helps.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
^^IRR time counts towards your pay (time in service), but does not count towards your retirement. I did 5 active and 2 IRR. I've now been commissioned 3 years and am getting paid as an 0-2E with over 10 but only have 8 years toward retirement.

PapaC03

Sorry to revive this one, I'm almost done with my 4 years active duty enlisted. I plan on transitioning to NROTC when I get out. Will my time in NROTC be considered as active reserve status , or will it just bee my normal IRR? I should get the points for OE regardless right?

Thanks -Chad

PapaC03

I did read the thread, I'm asking whether or not NROTC replaces the IRR or not with a different point set. Unless that was explained and I missed it.