• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stolen Valor Act violations: 2 men pose as medal bedecked Marines in separate events

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Oh yes...I will rock the boat cloak someday...someday.

That cloak is complete badassery, possibly because you'd look like M. Bison from Streefighter...
sf4xbisoncopyfb7.png

brownshoe

Contributor
That cloak is complete badassery, possibly because you'd look like M. Bison from Streefighter...
sf4xbisoncopyfb7.png

Threadjack:

M. Bison looks eerily like this fellow on the right.

Steve

Attachments

• Hitler_and_Goering.jpg
    Hitler_and_Goering.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 163

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
I actually looked into that a few years ago. They are WAY more expensive than you would think. Like 3 or 4 hundred bucks.

Not worth it to be the only dude in Yuma with a boatcloak.
speaking of dropping cash on hingewear…how much can I expect to be set back when the lobotomy comes calling this spring?

SF

Clux4

Banned
speaking of dropping cash on hingewear…how much can I expect to be set back when the lobotomy comes calling this spring?

SF

About $600 so says my boss. But what the hell, you will not walk around like your neck is in a vice.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor

SF

Another JOPA member goes to the dark side ...

Guess the beers are on you ! :icon_zbee

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I thought, after getting scolded by some Marine, that "JOPA" and "Hinge" were not in the Marine lexicon. False?

Well, JOPA is used plenty by us. Maybe its more in our squadron than others, dunno... I have only heard 'hinge' used here. We usually just refer to them as, well, 'them'. :D

My opinion is that the Marine who told you that should be told to choke himself. Unless, of course, its one of 'them'. ;)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
......Not worth it to be the only dude in Yuma with a boatcloak .... I have only heard 'hinge' used here. We usually just refer to them as, well, 'them'. :D
Well ... you'd have company, as there's at least two other BOATCLOAKs in Yuma that I know of ... :)

Hinge?? I never heard the term as it related to O-4s until I started wasting my time on the Internet. There was a brief period in the 80's when we'd call 'em "EL KA-DAR" ... get it?? L-CDR ??

Anyhooooo .... during my time, when 'they' (obviously, NOT the 'good ones', like me) would walk into a space, we'd just roll our eyes toward the overhead, cough, and find some pressing reason to exit, stage left. :D

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
The General wearing the vest in Flash's post is the late General Barrow, He was one bad dude, AFAIC he can wear what ever he wants with his uniform.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Stolen Valor > Uniform Dicrepancies > Obscure Uniform Items > Childhood Video Games > Seinfeld > Obscene uniform cost > naval jargon > South American native outerwear > O-4 hate...

The Airwarriors circle of life. It's what keeps me coming back.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Stolen Valor Act means prosecution

Looks like this guy is getting his just desserts.