• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stats For Ocs Class 189!!!!! Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen

Hahaaa......that's right, OCS 190 here we come!
Hey Yo T-man, I hope your package makes it for the next board and keep working hard on that PFT.

-Glen

T-man

Glen said:
Hahaaa......that's right, OCS 190 here we come!
Hey Yo T-man, I hope your package makes it for the next board and keep working hard on that PFT.

-Glen

you too bro!

and to all you applicants going before the review board next week, good luck!

and to all those who will be at OCS 189, good luck! and God Speed!

chrisneal22

Well, I just finished up my packet and it was sent off sometime last week. I hope to see some of you at the 189 or 190. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I make it myself. Here are my stats,
ASTB 6-7-7
pft 253
3.3 gpa in Aviation Management @ OK. State University
3 years as a crew chief in the OK Air National Guard
Letters of Rec from a former Marine officer, F-16 pilot, and AF Intell Officer
Private Pilot's License with about 70+ hours

Good Luck everyone, Maybe I'll see some of you in June

Birdman519

Hey everyone,
I've been accepted to occ 189 for about 6 months now on a NFO contract. I just passed my ASTB for SNA with a 6-6-6. I live in Denver, Colorado and have a 3.38 g.p.a. in Behavioral Science. I have 280 pft score and several military LORs including an AF LtCol A-10 pilot. This is my first post on airwarriors and just wanted to get to know some of the 189s. Also, I have a quick question. I have heard that leg injuries are the number one reason for drops. Does anyone know any shin strenghthening exercises? This would be extremely helpful because I am worried about this.

Midshipmanjosh

Yo man,

Congrats on the acceptance. My OSO told me to just run alot. He said that most of the injuries come from guys who just aren't prepared to run every day.

Preparation is key. C'ya up there.

Navy2Marine

I am currently in the Navy over in Italy applying for 189 through the Spokane OSO office. Here are my stats and if anyone has heard anything please let me know. Looking over everyone else’s stats it seems like the competition is going to be tuff. If anyone has advice for me please let me know.

PFT 286
ASVAB 86
GPA 3.1 in Information System Management
Great letters of recommendation from my CO (O-6), Department head (0-4), a few of my Warrant Officers, and Professors.

olympianchc

Fox Co....TBS
birdman, im curious how you know you were accepted to OCC 189 6 months ago. The board just met last week, and the general has yet to sign off on it (so people havent been notified yet).

but yeah the competition is tough, im praying that I was selected.

Ann Merke

I don't know about Birdman but my OSO office was allowed to have me apply at the same time as those going to the January OCS class, back in October/November, but get accepted for the June class. Sort of an early acceptance. It mostly happened because I am a female and there is no female January class and I know my OSO office has a helluva time getting females to even try. I'm the first in two years. Seattle girls aren't really military minded I suppose. Good thing I'm from Amboy.

Birdman519

My OSO did the same thing as RedScotch's. He told me that they allow a certain number of applicants in early to ensure a full class. I submitted my package at the end of September and found out I was in a few weeks later.

Box

Hey guys, My names Nick, I'm shooting for the next OCS class as well. I just started my app this month so havent had much time to prepare yet, but Im hoping I have good enough stats to get in. ASVAB -93 , ASTB - 8/8/8/63 , final PFT was 230 (first was 170 a month ago).

And as far as for when you can apply, I thought they had rolling boards that met all throughought the year and each board let a certain percentage into the class. Aprlil is the last board. My package just barely made it together in in time.

Good luck everybody!

Navy2Marine

According to my OSO the board convenes next week and we should all find out next week if we are selected for class 189. When people start finding out if they made it please post it to Glen's new topic about 189.

bcatcher5

Selected OCC 190
Navy2Marine said:
According to my OSO the board convenes next week and we should all find out next week if we are selected for class 189. When people start finding out if they made it please post it to Glen's new topic about 189.

My OSO said the same thing. Meeting the week of the 18th.

Status
Not open for further replies.