• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stash jobs in Corpus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

philo13

If you have a while to wait before classing up in Corpus, do they give out stash jobs like they did in A-Pool, or do you just muster in the mornings?

McNamara

Copilot, actually.
pilot
Muster for the wing pool is weekday mornings at 7:45. That includes people waiting for a primary squadron, people in between primary and advanced, and even some with wings waiting for their next assignment. They just put everyone in a huge pool, and you don't have to do anything but show up in a flight suit.

The only people I know with stash jobs are the ones that know they have a long wait (example - medical problems).

rare21

pilot
Contributor
i know some folks that got stashed while in the pool. i took leave so i went home and didnt have to worry about that. they can also make you do other things, stand duty at the wing, be an usher at wingings etc. besides that its muster and go home.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
What to do all day long? Come on, its Corpus, there is SO MUCH to do... Oh wait, its Corpus. You will run out of movies to see in a week, will have seen all the town has to offer in about 6 hours, and will adjust to the smell in about 2 weeks. Buy some books or take leave and go somewhere else, this place sucks.

absolutVU

bch---what's happened since your posting on 6 Jan to make you hate Corpus now? Oh, and do you know Andrew Dean?

rare21

pilot
Contributor
i think he meant he liked the squadron and the way it worked, not the city. still if you want to know the real deal..read what the winged aviators had to say on the "Primary Location" thread.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Yes I do know him, not sure if he wants his name on an internet message board though...

I would still come to corpus if I had to do it all over again, becuase of the training here, when compared to friends I talk to at whiting.

Rare lets agree to disagree... you are from TX, there is nothing anyone can say to you, to release your bias. I am not from TX, and no amount of TX pride is going to make me change my thoughts on this city. As far as what winged aviators have to say, I am simnply speaking from my view of this town, anyone, winged or not, can and will have different opinions.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
ok we agree to disagree...i agree with you that corpus does suck to an extent (i'm not too fond of the city), but its location with respect to other awesome places in the state should not be overlooked.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Originally posted by bch
... I would still come to corpus if I had to do it all over again, becuase of the training here, when compared to friends I talk to at whiting.

What are they saying at Whiting? Can you explain why you would stay at CC rather than going to Whiting? Thanks.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you haven't yet, go check out Aransas Pass. I didn't find that place until after I was winged and was waiting for SERE. There's all kinds of good restaurants and different outdoor activities to pass the time. I hated Corpus while I was in the program, but after I got winged, my stash job was to fly T-44s to P-Cola for the NAMI run once a week with an O-4 at the wing. That left me with more time to check out the town. Lake CC is pretty fun as well. Its only as good as you make it, CC has plenty to offer if you look around a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.