• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

starting out...any insight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

karagropler

I am 22 and graduating with a degree in communications this may, and I have decided to pursue this because it has been a lifelong dream that I have been too scared to stand up to my family for. I am taking my written test for my OAR on Wednesday, 1/28/04 and I have a 3.2 GPA. My hope is to earn a sport in fiscal year 2004 OCS next april, i think thats the date anyway. I have been looking at the posts on this forum and it sounds to me like they aren't giving many spots for OCS. My recruiter told me that if I were to do well on my OAR, around a 60, then I should be in good shape. I am worried that the exam is much harder than the book I have been using to prepare and that it is way too selective anyway. Can anyone please tell me about their rcent experience so i get a good sense of my chances? Right now I don't think they are very good.

stevew

go to the download section on this site and download the ASTB study guides, those should help you out.

Armo325

pilot
I'm sorry you're not getting any family support. Is it that they don't want you in the military or they just don't want you to fly?

karagropler

I have been studying from an ARCO guide that I bought in Borders, so I should be ok with material. My dad is giving me support, but my mom is really worried about me. Actually, I am not trying to fly. My desire has always to be in SWO, but all i keep hearing is how competitive it is right now to get into anything. Does anyone feel the same way or am I just paranoid? I at least hope my chances for 2005 OCS are decent.

mlj0215

Dude...moms always worry. When I was on active duty, I never even told my mom when we went up into the Gulf, just the old man. The ARCO is all you need...you're good to go. No matter what your OAR is, submit your package. At my recruiting station, a guy got Pilot with a 46 OAR last month. It's all about the timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.