• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 FY08...Where do you want to go to school?

future_sta21nfo

Give me your top 1, 2, or 3 places to go to school....

How many places at each school? Does it vary based on openings or do they say "one here, one there, etc.?"

Interested to hear where everyone is wanting to go.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
How many places at each school? Does it vary based on openings or do they say "one here, one there, etc.?"

This is just a guess but I would say its got to be more than one. Otherwise you could only have like three OC's at a unit and from hearsay it seems like theres sometimes more than a crowd at particular units. I'd be interested to know as well, but I kinda think it'd be speculation on anyones behalf. Anyone know?

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
Well, According to my #1 choice University of North Florida.... They just took huge budget cuts and have currently frozen all incoming transfer students. So they said I was denied admission. I just appealed that by a letter to the President explaining the situation and he said that..

You have done well with your life.
Our problem is one of funding. About 75% of the cost of educating a student comes from a state subsidy, and the state has been forced to cut its budget due to the economy. We have been forced to essentially freeze enrollment because we can’t hire the faculty to teach more students, and thus adopted the transfer policy, with some limited exceptions.
I’ll see what we can do.

So we will see what happens. In the meantime... I have apps send/pending at Auburn, NC State, Kansas, Nebraska, Florida, and Old Dominion... in that order of importance...

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
In the meantime... I have apps send/pending at Auburn, NC State, Kansas, Nebraska, Florida, and Old Dominion... in that order of importance...
There are quite a few Florida Alumni on this website, and two of our buds are currently doing tours at the Florida NROTC unit as instructors. The unit can help get apps through admissions if needed. Just FYI, if you hadn't thought that through to ask them for help.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
yes.. I have been there and introduced myself in person... we'll just leave it at that for now... :icon_wink

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
I've got all my eggs in one basket, so to speak, as I've already been accepted to ODU, which is my top choice and I really don't have any desire to go elsewhere. I'm going to college to get my degree, I've already had the "college experience" when I attended UMass Dartmouth for a year before joining the Navy...

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
My top three are U of South Florida, U of New Mexico, U of Chicago Illinois. I also have applications at Oklahoma, Texas A & M, and Old Dominion. I applied to a lot of schools because my college prior to the Navy is not that great.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
I've got all my eggs in one basket, so to speak, as I've already been accepted to ODU, which is my top choice and I really don't have any desire to go elsewhere. I'm going to college to get my degree, I've already had the "college experience" when I attended UMass Dartmouth for a year before joining the Navy...

To add to this, I've already been in contact with my advisor and it's looking like I'll get 63 of the 124 credits I need for my degree in transfer credit from my prior college, military training and NCPACE/Distance Learning course work! That leaves me only 61 to go and the degree plan I submitted to my advisor for approval has me able to complete my degree in five semesters (without killing myself, no more than 15 credits in any semester) and graduating after the Spring 2010 semester! :D

phrogpilot73

Are you sure you're STA-21, not STAFG-21? :D

user2176

STA-21 Core Selectee FY08
Contributor
As I've said in another post I'm trying to goto U of Arizona. Next choice is Colorado Boulder, and finally Minnesota. I wanted a California school, but tuition is too high. So far the only NROTC to respond my emails is U of A.

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
Most of us already live in Norfolk, pretty much a guarantee for anyone military, especially nukes, inexpensive, and commitments outside of school are very few.