• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Squadron Vehicles

brownshoe

Contributor
Trick is getting base public works guys to accept it as one of their own which solves a lot of issues, but isn't easy. You can also try DRMO to see what they might have or abscound with your skipper's car....

That’s what used to happen back in my day. Poor skipper would go on leave, or take a det, only to come back and find his daily ride painted up in squadron colors. As far as parts, paint, labor and the facilities to complete the work, well I’ll just say what the Department of the Navy didn’t know didn’t hurt them. Lumps of who knows what, covered with tarps during the day, appeared in hangars and then disappeared in a short time.:icon_wink Everyone was very good-natured about the situation. It usually was a great moral booster for everyone involved. But that was back in the 60’s, simple stuff. Busses like shown here, well you young guys have all the luck.:D

Steve

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The length of that one begs a "short bus" joke, but I can't think of one right now....

That's not a short bus...but this one is....

ShortBus.jpg

ShortBus-2.jpg

Photos by HJ

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
@ HJ, thats awesome. I was with the Black Lions for Cortramid.

Did you get a ride to club (or two)?

Pukin' Dogs had a Soccer Mom van, but I can't recall where I stashed that pic.