• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Squadron Cruise Video

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
VF-121 wins.

And there was an escalator on that carrier!?!?!?!

Pugs

Back from the range
None
And there was an escalator on that carrier!?!?!?!

Lots of them did. After kamikazes wiped out entire squadrons in their ready rooms during the big one ready rooms were moved down below the hangar deck. Hoofing it up five decks in flight gear to the roof was pretty sucky and they had escalators. The only ship I was on for any period I recall was Indy and there was a button on each end to run it either up or down. I only recall it working part of the time but it was better than ladders.

brownshoe

Contributor
Lots of them did. After kamikazes wiped out entire squadrons in their ready rooms during the big one ready rooms were moved down below the hangar deck. Hoofing it up five decks in flight gear to the roof was pretty sucky and they had escalators. The only ship I was on for any period I recall was Indy and there was a button on each end to run it either up or down. I only recall it working part of the time but it was better than ladders.

Yup. I worked her deck a few times and it never was working when I was aboard.:)

Hey! I wonder if Skeeterman is in these videos? Didn't he fly these jets?:icon_wink

Steve

Fre@kshow!!

Yes, I really was in the circus.
None
The catapult shenanigans at the end of Part2 are great. As a guy who just got off a Shooter tour, I can tell you nothing has changed.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Yes, but I do hope that the "Navy Crimes" does not get their hands on this video or one Capt J. D. Black will be the next CO fired for participating in inappropriate videos. Ah... the good ole days.

If only you were joking.

H60Gunner

Contributor

Awesome vid!

I did not know that about RRs being moved down below the hangar deck and escalators.

illinijoe05

Nachos
pilot
Um, Did I miss something. What was so awesome about that video and besides the skin magazine in the very beginning what would the PC police not like about it?

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
As far as the awesomeness.... that was some of the best physical comedy since Charlie Chaplin.

81montedriver

pilot
did anybody else notice in the first video that after they sounded general quarters and everybody was moving with a swiftness, there was one dude in the foreground just totally disregarding all of that and sitting there reading a magazine?

dilbert123

pilot
Yup. I worked her deck a few times and it never was working when I was aboard.:)

Hey! I wonder if Skeeterman is in these videos? Didn't he fly these jets?:icon_wink

Steve

I think the Skeeter was the one flying backwards on the launch.