• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Squadron changes at K-Bay?

jDUB

Does anyone know if there are any squadron changes coming down the pipe for K-Bay? I know right now there are only 53Ds there and there were F-18s there in the past. The reason I ask is that my wife is from Hawaii and really wants to be stationed there, however my current preference is F-18s.

Any input?

B

Blutonski816

According to your profile, you're still at TBS...
Well, I'd wait until you're in the RAG to worry about where you're going to get stationed...

jDUB

Yes, I am still at TBS, but does that mean I am not allowed to ask questions?
Just curious if anyone knows anything because my wife has been buggin me about it.

But I guess being in your second semester at UNLV you would know more than me.

ip568

None
VP will leave K-Bay as the P-8 replaces the P-3. There are likely going to be just two VP bases after the P-8 hits the fleet: WHIDBEY and JAX.

jDUB

ip568 said:
VP will leave K-Bay as the P-8 replaces the P-3. There are likely going to be just two VP bases after the P-8 hits the fleet: WHIDBEY and JAX.

Sorry....I guess I wasn't specific enough. I talking specifically about the Marine side of the house.

B

Blutonski816

Whoah! Calm down, man...

I'm just saying, it's mighty early to be worrying about such things, cuz you never know where the Corps will decide to send you between now and Winging...

but if you just don't like listening to a guy like me then forget I mentioned it...

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
jWAL said:
Does anyone know if there are any squadron changes coming down the pipe for K-Bay? I know right now there are only 53Ds there and there were F-18s there in the past. The reason I ask is that my wife is from Hawaii and really wants to be stationed there, however my current preference is F-18s.

Any input?

Unless things have changed recently there are no 18s @ KBay now.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Blutonski816 said:
Whoah! Calm down, man...

I'm just saying, it's mighty early to be worrying about such things, cuz you never know where the Corps will decide to send you between now and Winging...

but if you just don't like listening to a guy like me then forget I mentioned it...

I dont think theres anything wrong with knowing where the different platforms are stationed prior to getting selected for it... For some people that factors into selection choices.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
zippy said:
I dont think theres anything wrong with knowing where the different platforms are stationed prior to getting selected for it... For some people that factors into selection choices.

He has to make it to A-pool, API, and Primary first... oh yeah, and finish TBS...

Nothing wrong with asking the questions, Blutonski was just getting at that you have a looooooooooong road ahead of you before you can even make that decision.

Don't they have -46s at Kbay as well?

JTD

Fly Navy said:
Nothing wrong with asking the questions, Blutonski was just getting at that you have a looooooooooong road ahead of you before you can even make that decision.

In jWALs defense, it is slightly obnoxious for an 18yr old wannabe to be dispensing advice on a topic he has no real experience with to a commissioned officer. Greater number of posts on airwarriors does not equate to being able to give advice on subjects you have no experience with just because you heard someone else say it once.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
jtd22 said:
In jWALs defense, it is slightly obnoxious for an 18yr old wannabe to be dispensing advice on a topic he has no real experience with to a commissioned officer. Greater number of posts on airwarriors does not equate to being able to give advice on subjects you have no experience with just because you heard someone else say it once.

Oh I know, don't get me wrong, not saying he can't ask. Ask away.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
ip568 said:
I would concur with that statement, but I imagine that there will be a hard fight for Hawaii vs. Whidbey vs. Curtain #3. Regardless, this is significantly down stream 2013-2019 time frame, but an issue that the VP community is going to have to deal with.

Only aircraft permanently stationed at Kbay: USN P3s, VR C20s, USN 60s, and USMC 53s. No 46s.

BugDriver

pilot
I've been wondering this for a while... What's the reason for having Marine -53s in Kaneohe? No Marine TACAIR. No Marine C-130s. No Phrogs. Just the -53s. Why is that?