• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Springfield Armory XD 45.ACP

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Looks like the 4 inch standard and 5 inch "Tactical" models are shipping.

Sweet looking!

xd45_tactical.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I was waiting for one of these ... now I keep going back and forth between this and the H&K USP Compact .45 ACP or the P2000/3000 (??? I hear they are coming out with the P2000/3000 models in .45 ACP but I don't know if that is true) ....

Does anyone have any thoughts or hopefully --- experience on these particular pieces??? Or knowledge of the P2000/3000 in .45 ACP???

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Love the XD in 9 and 40, A4s. Only H&K I was ever impressed with was a Mark 23, and that's definitely an "impressive" piece. hehehe

Haven't shot the USP Compact or P2000/P3000 though, can't comment on those.

Of the XDs, I prefer the 4 inch model to the 5.

mkoch

I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low
USP Compact is basically identical to the USP except a shorter barrel. The extra weight on the full size reduces recoil a little bit, but it's hardly noticeable. I kinda like the full size "just because", but my groupings are for the most part the same as with the compact.

What I love most about the USP series is the ergonomics. It just fits nicely in my hand, and I can operate everything with my thumb without having to put any major effort into it. I haven't had a chance to handle a P2000/3000, but I definately look forward to trying them out.

ChuckMK23

pilot
HK's service and support (even for LEO) is next to non-existant. They do make a great weapon. But a USP .45 will set you back $900 after all is said and done. ANd at that price HK will make you feel like they are doing you a favor.

Springfield on the other hand seems very customer friendly. And $450-$500 for the XD series is fine by me.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ChuckMK23 said:
But a USP .45 will set you back $900 after all is said and done. ANd at that price HK will make you feel like they are doing you a favor.

This is why I'll never buy one until they at least come down to $700. I can buy a SIG for $200 less and get the same or BETTER quality. HK is like NIke, you're paying for a name.

ChuckMK23

pilot
And yet Jack Bauer goes through USP's like they are candy? Product placement from HK?

160x120_24_kiefersutherland01.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
ChuckMK23 said:
And yet Jack Bauer goes through USP's like they are candy? Product placement from HK?

160x120_24_kiefersutherland01.jpg

yeah, Jack used to carry a Sig. He's always driving around in Fords though, from day one.

VAmookie

This thread just gained cool points for incorporating Jack Bauer into the conversation. Chuck norris doesnt have legs anymore... thanks to jack bauer

My real reason for threadjacking is that Jack hasnt always been using Fords. He used to drive around in a much more bad@ss GMC Yukon XL

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
He got an endorsement deal. He's now going to be seen at gun shows in the H&K booth, right next to R. Lee Ermey and the Glock booth.

SIG doesn't need celebrity endorsers. The Navy SEALs are enough.

stevew

Let's see if I can attempt to unjack this thread....

I have never shot an SA XD let alone an XD45 however it does have a similar trigger safety system to that of the Glocks, which I very much dislike. I find that the safety digs into my finger every time I squeeze the trigger (not comfortable and doesn't make for a smooth trigger pull).

I think that the p3000 is supposed to have significant changes to that of the p2000, so if you are deciding between the two of those wait till the p3000 comes out before you buy. I have tried a DAO p2000, I wasn't impressed with it, it was alright but not wonderful. I have a Sig P226 and I didn't find the urge to run out and buy a p2000 after shooting it against my Sig.

I would not mind trying a USPf to see how that shoots. If you are in the market for a new HK in 45 ACP they are coming out with the HK45 soon. I'm not sure if it was unvieled at the shot show or not but it is supposed to have a picatinny rail and not a proprietary HK rail. I heard it was being considered as a contender for the new SOCOM pistol that is in the works but I cannot verify any of this info.

pcl retard

Just shot both of these weapons today (although the USP was in .40) and i have to say that the XD had a leg up in all aspects. More comforable, at least for my hand, much better trigger and all around smoother to shoot. Maybe if i had more time to get used to the USP but for $400 more why bother?