• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Special pays question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokeman

Hey all, I was looking through the DFAS website pay charts and I had a few questions about special pays. I think I read in a different thread (which I can't find now) that ACIP kicks in when you start API training and continues from there. But other than ACIP, BAH and BAS, what other special pays do pilots/NFOs qualify for? Specifically - hazardous duty pay (HDIP), do pilots or NFOs qualify for this? And they also had a chart called "Monthly Career Sea Pay", what is this and who gets it? Any information out there would be appreciated. Thanks. :confused:

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Sea pay is kind of a strange deal. It used to be that you didn't get it until 3 years of sea duty, now you get it from day one (though you won't see an increase until 3 years). If you are ships company, you get sea pay every month of your sea tour. Since it sounds like you're going the aviation route, sea pay isn't much of a factor. You'll only get it on deployments and boat dets (currently $100/mo for under 3 years). To give you an example, I'll hit one year of sea duty in April, but my "career sea duty pay" is only going to be a little over six months (I'm with a squadron).

Dokeman

Thanks Thisguy. I think I see the logic behind it now. I'd just never heard of it before and was curious how it worked. Thanks again.

schmuckatelli

ACIP doesn't start until you start primary. Or at least that's the way it worked when I went through.

Edited to add: You get hostile fire pay if you are in a designated area. When we were with 5th Fleet we got HFP during OIF. Since it was desginated a combat zone it was tax free, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.