• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Speaking of Douchebags

Semper Jump Jet

Ninja smoke...POOF.
pilot
They were "Swarmed" by Marines. It's like a 12 year old wrote this article. It makes me more angry then the protesters themselves.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
I have a question, now I'm sure every base is probably different, but how close did they say they actually got again?

I remember when I went on the Nuke VIP trip in May and when we were all going to go onboard the USS Louisiana and how much security and process we had to go through as civilians who WERE allowed on base. And the security began WAY before you even knew you were close to the sub.

I remember there being guys roaming around in the water and in these cool mini-tanks things (sorry I don't know the proper word for them), but they had turrets on them and came around every 2 mins. It scared the shit out of us and we all made sure we stayed in one place as a group with our recruiters and NTO's VERY closeby.

I'm just surprised that NO ONE noticed this going on, especially given the amount of security I guess that is usually present where nukes are (at least from what I've seen in my very limited experience).

GAG-E

These retards take the cake:

http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/...ens-break-into-military-base/?test=latestnews

Nothing like breaking into a base to make a point...wait, what was their point again? Fences are evil?

My grandparents are both 80. They have both been arrested for breaking into military bases and causing vandalism, and have each served close to 10 years in jail. They probably know these people who did it in Washington.

They're both Catholic, and participated in a group that believed war is bad and if you break expensive weapons it's harder to fight wars. They focused on using hammers to bend the tracks of missile silo door covers, but I know others hammered nosecones of aircraft and vandalized Navy vessels.

Needless to say I don't agree with their actions, and recently when I began needing security clearances for activities on military bases I was terrified that because of my relationship to them I would be denied. Fortunately I was approved, although my friend in the Air Force told me that they definitely noticed it when reviewing my clearance.

It's funny for you guys but it scared the crap out of me!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
It's funny for you guys but it scared the crap out of me!

Not trying to pick on you here, but I don't find it funny in the least.....they could have just as easily sabotaged a military aircraft and potentially killed me or one of my friends. These folks get so wrapped up in their agendas and their idealism that they forget what it is that they are actually doing. Having grown up in the Pacific NW, I definitely got my fill of these arrogant morons for several lifetimes. If you want to change policy, you do it through official channels where you actually have a chance in hell of making a difference.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I'd be interested if these idiots actually thought they'd get anywhere near the nukes. No matter how naiive or clueless, you'd think it might occur to them that nuclear weapons are protected by more than a chain-link fence, and that those 'deadly force authorized' signs might actually mean it.....
Every RTB from Tokyo through Tatoosh on the tip of the Olympic 'penisula' and on in to SEA drove us right over the top of the 'bunkers' in the area ... row after row after row of bunkers that obviously hold -- something :) ... we've been told and I've always been under the impression that there's 'in excess' of a USMC security platoon in the area w/ prior approval to light 'em up if there's a breach in the wire ...

Mebbe these fools don't know how 'lucky' they were to just get 'swarmed' ... ??? :)

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Mebbe these fools don't know how 'lucky' they were to just get 'swarmed' ... ??? :)

Didn't some douchenozzle in the past break in somewhere with a can of pigs blood, and get dispatched? That would have been an EASY shoot/no shoot decision. "Who knows what this ass is carrying in his hands" is a question I don't care to have the answer to.

I'll bet that would stop the protests ricky-tick.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are you kidding? Some of these asshats would probably love it. One of their peaceful flock gets dropped by the evil fascist warmonger killbots... These kind of morons live for the chance that they'll get sent to jail or otherwise become symbols, 'martyrs,' what have you.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Even in the completely IMPOSSIBLE event that they came within 100 yards of anything nuclear without being shot, it's not as if nuclear torpedos are like MANPADs or much less like a simple gun. Can't just walk off with a nuke and fire it at will. Even a freaking hellfire is completely inert without the proper firing mechanisms.

But ya, they would have been shot had they come even close to the nukes. The fact that they were simply arrested shows just how far away from any sort of serious security breach they were and/or just how little of a threat they were viewed as.

wplax26

Gold Club
pilot
None
Contributor
This remind me of two great stories I heard when I worked up in NPTU Ballston Spa, NY.

1) A group of protesters arrived at the gate and demanded entrance into the facility to throw rice on one of the reactors for an anniversary of Hiroshima. Obviously they were denied. In response a group climbed over the fences and victoriously threw their rice on.........the sewage treatment plant. They ACTUALLY thought a NUCLEAR reactor would be not only open, but sitting right next to the fence!

2) A local college newspaper (Skidmore) gave praises of a group who traveled ALL the way to Groton to protest the use of Naval Reactors. When asked if they had any plans to protest the nuclear plant training facility in Ballston Spa they replied "There is a Navy base here?"

Classic

SDNalgene

Blind. Continue...
pilot
stuff you probably shouldn't say

Not really sure that spilling these details on the interwebs is a great idea. I am not saying it definitely is an OPSEC issue, but it sounds similar to someone in a squadron publicly commenting about some recent mishap. I don't know if this is a valid comparison, but I don't think this discussion is helped by you telling us about the number of fences and security around the nuclear arsenal next to where you work. Hippies can be ridiculed without the details.

Not flaming you by any means, but I wouldn't share anymore of your inside knowledge or informed speculation about this event on the internet.