• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Soviet helicopter in action...sort of...

Raptor2216

It was kinda funny reading over some of the "explanations" in the other forum. Some of the were attributing it to autorotation and one guy went as far as to say that the winglets were producing the lift necessary to keep it in the air along with thrust vectoring.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I think it was the camera.

Yup.

The second to last time I was at Sun 'n Fun (I was still in HS), I camped w/ my dad next to our plane. The next morning, no alarm clock was needed as at about 8am, 10-14 (out of I think something like 20-ish world-wide) P-51's came roaring over the runways. Pretty sweet.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
/Russian accent

You Yankee capytalist pigdogs have all wrong with your bourgeoise science propaganda! In Soviet Russia, helikopter blade spin so hard that Earth spin around rotor, causing airkraft to fly. No more thinking thoughts, please!

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Didn't we have the pic of the HT-57 on the little practice ship in P'Cola Bay where it looked like the blades were curved on here a while ago?

Same sort of thing perhaps.
Ask and ye shall receive.

508588615_fa2c3035f2.jpg

The curved blades are symptomatic of sensor lag, whereas the blades that seem to not move are shutter sync, as alluded to earlier.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
.... Later edited to remove any occasional loss of sync.

I guess, like you say, that's the trick. Talk about a time consuming editing job. Maybe the Hind is different (I doubt it), but helos are always constantly changing Nr by a percent or two when maneuvering. so there would lots of instances/chances to lose sync.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
I guess, like you say, that's the trick. Talk about a time consuming editing job. Maybe the Hind is different (I doubt it), but helos are always constantly changing Nr by a percent or two when maneuvering. so there would lots of instances/chances to lose sync.

Some folks have lots of time on their hands. LOL

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Some folks have lots of time on their hands. LOL

/Russian accent

Da, comrade! If the Americanskis had analyzed strategy as much as they anazlye Hind video, they would have defeated and doutlasted the Soviet Union by now.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
/Russian accentDa, comrade! If the Americanskis had analyzed strategy as much as they anazlye Hind video, they would have defeated and doutlasted the Soviet Union by now.

Нет, оно не то, довольно мы больше времени проанализировать потому что будет Het СССР

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Нет, оно не то, довольно мы больше времени проанализировать потому что будет Het СССР

Wow...you totally outdid me there. :)

What does that say, anyway?