• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

South Texas Wetting-down

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
If you're getting promoted this month and are interested in getting in on a ridiculously big wetting-down one of the studs in VT-31 is planning, let me know via PM. We're trying to get a head count. The plan is to have a joint Primary and Advanced wetdown for all the squadrons in South Texas.

Basic plan right now is to have it at the Islander on June 2, with live music by Bushbullit.

Include in the PM:
a) Contact info (name, email, cell)
b) How many people do you think would be coming to dinner (not sure how solid the dinner idea is right now)
c) Ideas for shirts.

Let your friends know. I'm going to be putting up flyers on Monday too.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
Right now the plan is for the Islander. June 2nd. You know how things change, though, so we'll see.

Be sure to make room in that busy calendar of yours, MB...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
FWIW, it's a "wetting down," not a wet down...although I'm sure you can get one of those in some foreign port somewhere.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
Minor bump and course correction...

Anyone who was planning on going now not going because it's "too expensive," or because of a certain party who's involved in its planning (not me)? PM me if you want.

FLY_USMC

pilot
In order to address the current politically correct standards of the United States Navy, I think the "as of typing" correct term for ya'll is call a "Dirty Sanchez..ing?" Correct me if I'm wrong?

Junior

pilot
Minor bump and course correction...

Anyone who was planning on going now not going because it's "too expensive," or because of a certain party who's involved in its planning (not me)? PM me if you want.
How could you not want to be involved in a mass wetting down? Do they think they will get off cheaper on their own? We had a mass wetting down in Meridian at the 'bone and it was an incredible party. Seriously, if people are complaining about the cost they need to do a reality check.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
Yep, that's what I was getting at. Just trying to get a feel for what was going on since I'd started hearing some interesting things around the squadron.

MB, you're coming tonight, right?