• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Something missing from NAS Kingsville...

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Yep, chances are pretty good. No Hornet spots for a while, but there IS one Prowler spot for some lucky devil dog. TW-1 selected 5-6 Harrier slots this week, along with TW-2's two.

Not sure about the sqdn down the hall (heard one of their Marines got Hornets with mega NSS), but our Marine selects this week went (1) Prowler and (1) Harriers west FWIW

UMichfly

pilot
None
Not sure about the sqdn down the hall (heard one of their Marines got Hornets with mega NSS), but our Marine selects this week went (1) Prowler and (1) Harriers west FWIW

You are correct sir. One of the Marines got Hornets and it was Harriers for the other 3 Marines. That makes 1 dude from the 6 of us who got anything in our top 4 choices. It pays to be a winner I guess. :D

brownshoe

Contributor
There is a blue hornet with no number sitting on the flightline at NAS Kingsville. Meanwhile the old crusty A-4 is looking very forlorn in the woods around the old field.

Say it ain't so!:( (sigh) Anyone need 9400 pounds? Hugh, Zip, A4s, Ron? (Skeeterman? Right!:icon_wink) See me in the pits.

Steve

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The ole TA-4 isn't really leading the way anymore. Out with the old, in with the new...
Out w/ the old, in w/ the new .... are you REALLY sayin' that this:

.... trumps this:

scootersky.jpg

And at your tender stage of flyin' ... ??? :)

If that makes you feel better .... O.K. :)

But I weep for the future of Naval Aviation ....

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
^ You got me there sir, and I agree that you can't compare a combat/fleet jet with an orange and white, even if said fleet jet spent some if it's life as an orange and white. Would have loved to fly a scooter, but on the other hand, at least I can start myself up on the road at civilian airfields :)

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I too would have loved to fly an A-4, but that particular scooter is in bad shape. I did feel a little bad looking down at it in the woods.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I too would have loved to fly an A-4, but that particular scooter is in bad shape. I did feel a little bad looking down at it in the woods.
Maybe you and a few others could volunteer to restore it to its pristine beauty. It would be a constructive way to spend a few weekends. :icon_wink

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Maybe you and a few others could volunteer to restore it to its pristine beauty. It would be a constructive way to spend a few weekends. :icon_wink
+1

You know ... that's not a bad idea. In point of fact, it's a GREAT idea.

All it took for the CUBI CAT to be 'reborn' was one individual -- Masterbates -- to mount up, be a leader ... and get it done.

If it was an F6F 'sitting in the woods', would you let it rot away ??? Of course you wouldn't ...

It CAN be done ... that TA-4 'rotting in the woods' (I CANNOT BELIEVE CNATRA IS WILLING TO LET THAT BIRD 'DIE') ... is part of YOUR
heritage ('your' in the sense of you STUDs in K-Ville). If the 'heavies' don't want to do it -- you do it.

Don't let traditions and your heritage fade away 'cause no one cares ...

HuggyU2

None
It was an A-4C, wasn't it? Anyone know the BUNO?
Word on the street (and that's the Air Force street) is that the replacement jet will be the former Blues Boss jet.

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
A4Forever,

No I wasn't saying that one platform "trumps" another. Just that your A-4 is only being flown by third world countries, and the rest are in US boneyards. Weep all you want, but we're in pretty good shape with some BA aircraft!

flybw

Alpha Mike Foxtrot
pilot
Contributor
Despite the fact that the A-4 currently only serves with third world countries, it proudly served this country for what, almost half a century in both the training command and in combat? I'm fairly sure that Naval Aviators who got there wings here at NAS Kingsville would rather see an A-4 up on that stick, rather than a static display of a blue Hornet. I mean, the Blues aren't stationed here, they don't practice here, so why are we going to put their jet on display here? Are there Hornet Displays in Cherry Point? Or Harrier Displays in Beaufort?

I'll go ahead and say it. I weep for the future of Naval Aviation at times, because I see way too much "lets sit around and bitch about it" and not enough "lets get off our ass and make it happen."

Kycntryboy

pilot
^ ... but on the other hand, at least I can start myself up on the road at civilian airfields :)
No need to get upset that nobody cares when you leave and I have my little "entourage" to see me off. On a side note, is the Marine NSS requirements being waved right now for harriers?