• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Some questions about flight life

A6-EA6

None
pilot_man said:
Yep, from mine. Let's see, how many hours did you get to wings. Don't try to act like your time to train is the same. Not knocking you, just pointing out the difference.

And, for the others on here acting like they are varsity 'cause their grades didn't allow them to go single seat from the get go, don't do it. I'll compare grades and such any day and we'll see who's varsity. :icon_rage
see you in the fleet

Pilot_man is going to go far in the Fleet with that great attitude!(sarcasm) Good luck keeping an eye on your own back! (not sarcasm)

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
pilot_man said:
Thanks Mr. helo man, but this doesn't concern you. You don't even have the option of single seat, so why is it you feel you need to say anything?
And I didn't say ALL multi seat were JV, I just won't let someone with a different skill level call me 2nd rate. peace:icon_smil

Score! First neg rep I've ever given.

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
A6-EA6 said:
Pilot_man is going to go far in the Fleet with that great attitude!(sarcasm) Good luck keeping an eye on your own back! (not sarcasm)

Yep and the Rhino guy is making friends all over calling his peers the retard squad. get real. thanks for your concern though, i'll work on it.;)

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
All right, all right I suck ass, i'm a tool, i'm a homo, i'm a bad pilot and i will just let others walk all over me and my airframe. Happy everyone.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
pilot_man said:
what does jv mean to you?
To me it means the standard fleet nomenclature for the baby Hornet - get used to it, shipmate. As far as your grades are concerned, I'd have to confer w/ UINavy, but this very well may rise to the level of the highly coveted "Home town news release." I'd definitely bring this up at your fleet squadron hail or AOM. The Navy likes to recognize outstanding performance, as I'm sure you're aware.

Brett

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Brett327 said:
The Navy likes to recognize outstanding performance, as I'm sure you're aware.

Brett

sarcasm, phew, cause for second there I thought you were serious :eek:

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
pilot_man said:
Thanks Mr. helo man, but this doesn't concern you. You don't even have the option of single seat, so why is it you feel you need to say anything?
And I didn't say ALL multi seat were JV, I just won't let someone with a different skill level call me 2nd rate. peace:icon_smil

Are you fucking kidding me? It doesn't concern me either but when or others see what appears to be a cocky attitude, especially from what appears to be a nugget, you'll be called. Grades, varsity vs JV? Really, who gives a shit? Wings are wings, doesn't matter what community you are in. Just curious as well, how do you know what skill level another pilot is? In your vast experience, what gives one pilot more skill than another. For those of us who probably have more time in left turns than you have flight time, let us know. Thanks varsity guy.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
pilot_man said:
Yep, from mine. Let's see, how many hours did you get to wings. Don't try to act like your time to train is the same. Not knocking you, just pointing out the difference.

And, for the others on here acting like they are varsity 'cause their grades didn't allow them to go single seat from the get go, don't do it. I'll compare grades and such any day and we'll see who's varsity. :icon_rage
see you in the fleet

I dont think anyone has ever equated "varsity" with anything that involved an orange and white aircraft. Get a little fleet time and go fly some "varsity" nights somewhere outside the good ole USofA and then come talk to us.

Rainman

pilot
Wow. . Good times good times. :icon_trou Pilot_man: how about dropping us a brief bio so we don't make any rash judgements about your capabilities, attitude, and background. :icon_lol:

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
Wow. holy shit, I'm sorry about the grades comment. That realy seemed to piss a lot of people off. I won't do that again.

No one in my community calls us the jv squad. Whether they are an O-6, with more combat than most on here, they don't do it.

I usually let my flying do the talking and keep my mouth shut, kinda hard to do that on here. So next time I'll just say shut the fuck up and leave it at that.
As for my bio., i fly baby hornets. That's that.:icon_smil

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
pilot_man said:
Wow. holy shit, I'm sorry about the grades comment. That realy seemed to piss a lot of people off. I won't do that again.

No one in my community calls us the jv squad. Whether they are an O-6, with more combat than most on here, they don't do it.

I usually let my flying do the talking and keep my mouth shut, kinda hard to do that on here. So next time I'll just say shut the fuck up and leave it at that.
As for my bio., i fly baby hornets. That's that.:icon_smil

It's hard to decipher the net but it wasn't a comment about grades but the comment about another aviators ability. What was different wings all about? You called another aviator out with little to no credibility. Think about that. This is just a small website but don't give Hornet pilots a bad name.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
pilot_man said:

I've certainly heard guys up to the rank of O-5 who've spent their careers in the "legacy Hornet" jokingly refer to their platform as the "JV Hornet" or the "Baby Hornet"... usually in the same breath as "give me some fuel, Stupid Hornet!" but it's all in good fun...

Take a deep breath, man...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
UInavy said:
Or... learn to take a joke......maybe joke back. The more sh!t you take personal, the more life sucks.

And you'll get a callsign you really love when the Ready Room detects the slightest sensitivity in that regard