• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

So you want to be an Officer....Recruiter Advice.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
And coffee - the applicants who brought coffee (and remembered my processor) went to the top of the list. Not because I want free coffee, but it showed me a glimpse of what type of officer they might be - thoughful and considerate of my processor (who is often forgotten). I want those people in the Navy. Whiny applicants who think they are awesome... really? Do I ever want that person to show up in my Wardroom?

You are a little over the top, and this is downright ridiculous. You want people who bring coffee in your wardroom? That is the litmus test of a good officer? All this coming from an intel O turned HRO...you are clearly an expert. In fact, you even tell us in your profile that "I'm pretty good at what I do".

I'm not impressed.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I neither brought my recruiter coffee nor ever interacted with his processor. I can also say that the military positively contributed to my personal and professional development, ie I 'benefitted from the rigors of OCS.' I truly feel sorry for DIVOs applicants if the ones she recommends highest are the ones that simply fetch coffee.

exNavyOffRec

I had many applicants offer to take me out for a drink, lunch, etc... to express their thanks, I declined all, told them a thank you is all I needed and said if after OCS you are back in the area we can go have lunch and catch up, some took me up on that and if they insisted on paying for lunch at that point I would let them, I mean shouldn't an officer be the one buying his Chief lunch :D

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I would never ask or accept gifts/food/drinks from applicants or collegiates. In fact, it was the other way around. If I ever met with applicants and/or parents/spouses/significant others/key influences at a coffee house or cafe I'd normally spot the coffee. This past week I met with the club president of an engineering club at Chipotle (he chose the venue, not me) and I covered his lunch. I get a $75 out of pocket expense every month, might as well use it.