• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

So long HGU-55/P

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think those are awful prototypes.

These are the final version:

My gripe: why blouse the pants?
The correct answer is "issue those to the Fleet for afloat and ashore wear. Give Type IIIs back to NSW, NSF, and NECC, and ban anyone not attached to those units from wearing them. And then stop fucking with the uniform for 20 years."

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
To me, the Marine approach seems like the best compromise...put a helmet cover on that is "cool" in whatever accepted fashion of the time is, and then make the actual helmet a high-viz/reflective material underneath.

That's what we did in Fallon when I was there. Green cover over your regular helmet. I assume it is still this way. We had at least 2 ejections when I was out there, and while not at-sea recoveries, all were recovered quickly. I assume, though don't know, that the covers detached during the ejections.

CropDuster0524

No way they chose lift! They actually suck! I'm not military, but I fly Ag and we beat the hell out of our helmets. Two people I work with have them and they were trashed after a year. The chin strap came off on one of them too which is insane. They just feel like a low-quality product and definitely not something I could imagine holding up in a crash. Maybe they just got a bad batch?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

The person in the article is PMA-202 Actual. I would like to present a recreation of our stateroom for the 3 months following the Christmas mail delivery while on deployment. The part of PMA-202 Actual will be played by one Mr. Thomas Magnum. Enjoy.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The person in the article is PMA-202 Actual. I would like to present a recreation of our stateroom for the 3 months following the Christmas mail delivery while on deployment. The part of PMA-202 Actual will be played by one Mr. Thomas Magnum. Enjoy.

Just remember for every senior officer, there are multiple former JOs going, “oh, THAT doofus.” :)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Just remember for every senior officer, there are multiple former JOs going, “oh, THAT doofus.” :)

I didn't mean it in a negative way. Trust me, I was playing on my laptop, as well. Just an amusing memory from my first deployment.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I didn't mean it in a negative way. Trust me, I was playing on my laptop, as well. Just an amusing memory from my first deployment.
I didn't mean it in a negative way, either; just remembering that no matter how important you get, someone remembers your JO days.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Once in my younger days. That is a TRACOM callsign I haven't gone by in almost 15 years. :)
No worries. Jorts were once acceptable.

As long as you never followed it up with a Canadian Tuxedo in the winter months, you're on solid ground. ?