• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

So I got a 30 on the OAR

BarthowKuma

Took the test for the first time, thought i studied enough but obviously it didnt turn out so good. I'm trying to be an officer in the Navy, have my bachelors degree, taking the test again on the 31st, of this month, but wondering if this dosent turn out good either, what can I do?

taxi1

pilot
Took the test for the first time, thought i studied enough but obviously it didnt turn out so good. I'm trying to be an officer in the Navy, have my bachelors degree, taking the test again on the 31st, of this month, but wondering if this dosent turn out good either, what can I do?
You don't write like you have a bachelor's degree.

exNavyOffRec

There is an entire section dedicated to the OAR/ASTB look there for guidance on how to improve your score.

At the end of the day either you get a qualifying score to apply or you don't and move on to something else.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

1. Please work on your grammar/spelling.
2. Use the search function on here.

I don’t mean to rude, but obviously that’s a really low score. When did you finish your degree?
The OAR is adaptive, so I’d suggest reading the other threads and focus on studying math and physics.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
@BarthowKuma It sounds like you were ill prepared for the ASTB.

How much did you study? What did you study? What is your degree in? What officer program are you applying for?

The ASTB sub has a plethora of information on what and how to study.

You have a month to kick it into high gear and prep for your next test. OBTW, you only have 3 chances to pass the ASTB. After that, you are done.

So my advice, is to STUDY YOUR ASS OFF like it's your only mission. You may consider waiting 2 months or more to take your second test.

On the surface, a 30 on your OAR tells me that you're lacking in math, reading comprehension, or mechanical comprehension. Maybe hiring a tutor is not out of the question.
1714670714881.png

STUDY, STUDY, STUDY.....good luck.