• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNFO's going to VP-30

Gator NFO

former TACAMO NFO
None
since i'm apparently the last class going through randolph, what do i need to know? get ready for the barracks? shine up my brown shoes and get an extra set of khakis? i have two weeks to SOMEHOW get personal property to come pack up all of my $h17 and find somewhere to live :confused:

Well you already know not to wear black shoes. That's a good start. You'll be wearing khakis for awhile, I think until your class passes the EP quiz. The first phase of training will be a repeat of a lot of stuff you've learned in P'cola. As long as you do all of the nit noid stuff the AF requires for charts, pubs, and required equipment, you should be fine. It's very rare for a SNFO not to make it through this program and get their wings. If you have any specific questions, send me a PM.

thexaspect

shocked future fo
awesome, thanks for all the help guys. well, not awesome about going back to khaki's for a while, because i now need to go get an extra set or two, but i like the part that sounds easy :icon_smil

ibarrasergio33

To anyone else doing a search for JAX/VP-30 assignments straight out of Primary do a search for; UMFO PROGRAM in the air warriors search box. This is additional information specific to SNFO's going straight to VP-30.

To those wondering what a SNFO is expected to accomplish in Intermediate here is the syllabus as of Jan 2008:
5 simulator flights
3 INAV flights (Local events)
6 INAV flights (Geared more toward cross country events)

I am not aware of a specific time frame for the completion of these flights however the gouge seems to indicate a report date of 8 weeks after primary graduation.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
To those wondering what a SNFO is expected to accomplish in Intermediate here is the syllabus as of Jan 2008:
5 simulator flights
3 INAV flights (Local events)
6 INAV flights (Geared more toward cross country events)

Hasn't changed since '06.

USN99

USN99
None
Star guessing is over?

Can I assume from all your remarks that cel nav is no longer in the syllabus for NFOs going VP? :D

I am hoping for a "yes" reply. :tongue2_1

Gator NFO

former TACAMO NFO
None
Can I assume from all your remarks that cel nav is no longer in the syllabus for NFOs going VP? :D

I am hoping for a "yes" reply. :tongue2_1

They quit teaching cel nav for the Navy and AF sometime after I got my wings in '97 and before I returned for my first instructor tour in '00. The Marine Corps trained their enlisted Navs here up until either '03 or '04 and they were still doing cel until they closed their school down. When we fly, we have a cel nav clearance above FL240 which gives us the leeway to deviate 30 NM left or right of course. Everynow and then, the airliners will query ATC when they here us checking in 'with cel nav'.

preyes44

Does anyone know if there is truth to the rumor that there are a lot of P-3 spots open? I'm P-grading in a couple of weeks and looking to do the UMFO program

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Does anyone know if there is truth to the rumor that there are a lot of P-3 spots open? I'm P-grading in a couple of weeks and looking to do the UMFO program

No one knows, possibly not even STUCON until even a few days before Pgrad.