• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNA spots for ROTC going away?

rhertz2304

So I just heard from a friend of mine at USNA telling me he "heard about" a brief from a Commander telling the Firsties that all SNA spots after 2011 will come from USNA, and all aviation spots from ROTC will be "phased-out".

I laughed to myself when hearing this because this guy is extremely gullible, but as a SNA-hopeful in ROTC, news like this is hard for me to look past.

Has anyone on here heard about news like this? It sound pretty obsurd, but if you have heard anything please share.

-RH

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I heard they're getting rid of all Navy-related spots in general so all Navy Midshipmen will be going Marine Corps.

On top of that, I heard all jet spots are going to DRob as well, ALL of them. Sorry AirWarriors.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I don't know any more than you do, but I'd say go with your gut. If it sounds too weird to be true, then it probably isn't........though I've seen some weird things in my career thus far so who knows :)

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I heard that this is because all of the T-34s are permanently grounded, so all Navy studs are going to Vance until the T-6B comes online.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I heard that this is because all of the T-34s are permanently grounded, so all Navy studs are going to Vance until the T-6B comes online.

Actually, every T34C in TW-5 is grounded right now (I shit you not) until some components in the rudder pedals are inspected for cracks. Hopefully it's an easy inspection where they don't have to rip the whole panel off to see. I get the feeling that tomorrow will be a rodeo.

And there's about 8 or so T6Bs on the line so it'll be sooner than you think.

OSUbeaver

Time to musk up
pilot
So I just heard from a friend of mine at USNA telling me he "heard about" a brief from a Commander telling the Firsties that all SNA spots after 2011 will come from USNA, and all aviation spots from ROTC will be "phased-out".

I laughed to myself when hearing this because this guy is extremely gullible, but as a SNA-hopeful in ROTC, news like this is hard for me to look past.

Has anyone on here heard about news like this? It sound pretty obsurd, but if you have heard anything please share.

-RH

I haven't heard anything similar to what you're saying but A pool was told that "they" are considering switching NROTC commissions to reserve rather than active duty. So, take that for what it's worth, which most likely isn't very much.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
I heard they're getting rid of all Navy-related spots in general so all Navy Midshipmen will be going Marine Corps.

On top of that, I heard all jet spots are going to DRob as well, ALL of them. Sorry AirWarriors.

David Robinson was too tall for jets...

1119_large.jpg