• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNA age and aircraft assignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren Avila

Hello all,I have a question for the pilots/student pilots out there: does an SNA's age have any bearing on what aircraft they are assigned? I am 25 years old and will be starting OCS in a little less than a month. I figure once I get commissioned and go through pilot training, I should be about 27 or (gulp) 28 when I am finally pass all qualifications an become a part of the fleet. I'm aiming for F-18's but will my age hinder me at all?

P.S.- I wanted to say thanks to all who are involved with keeping this site up and running. It has been a HUGE help in keeping me informed and ready for what lies ahead.

dawgfighter

quote:I'm willing to bet some of us younger bucks with the FAST hand eye coordination are going to beat you out of that F-18 spot, it's a proven fact that after about 25, you just start slowing down!!!

Oohhh!!! After reading that statement I thought I was going to have to get my Sam's sized can of Whoop A@@ on ya.
Erin
(who is also 25)

Edited by - dawgfighter on 03/13/2002 01:01:09

Status
Not open for further replies.