• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNA 2008 Alternate

MiniGuns

I got picked up as an Alternate for the STA-21 NFO program this last go around, and I'm wondering if I messed up my chance for reapplying this year. When I got picked up a message came out stating that Alternates need to submit physicals, acceptance letters, and all the other stuff a Selectee is required to do. Unfortunately I had a lapse in judgment and didn't get that stuff completed. Does anyone know if that will have an impact when I resubmit my application this year?

I am also wondering if anyone has any useful tips/suggestions I might be able to use this time so that I can get selected instead of just being an Alternate because this is the last possible year I can apply due to my age.

Thank you for your help in advance.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
I got picked up as an Alternate for the STA-21 NFO program this last go around, and I'm wondering if I messed up my chance for reapplying this year. When I got picked up a message came out stating that Alternates need to submit physicals, acceptance letters, and all the other stuff a Selectee is required to do. Unfortunately I had a lapse in judgment and didn't get that stuff completed. Does anyone know if that will have an impact when I resubmit my application this year?

I am also wondering if anyone has any useful tips/suggestions I might be able to use this time so that I can get selected instead of just being an Alternate because this is the last possible year I can apply due to my age.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Lapse in judgement? You put all that work in for the board, and just said screw it? I don't personally know if that will impact next years application, however to me it wouldn't be a positive. For example, say this year there were 20 alternates and 18 completed all of their stuff. Next year all 20 apply again. It would seem to that the people who put in the effort would get picked first. All you can really do is apply again, read threads on here to get some tips for your package, and show progression from whatever point you are currently at now (More quals, credits, recommendations etc..).