• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Smokey Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapergm

Ya know, I was just checking the OCS site, and I noticed... None of the DIs are wearing the Smokey hats or uniforms like they do in BCT for enlistees. Why is that?

Sins

I don't know. But I did see a TBS pic of a room inspection. The brim of the smokey was in the guy's face!

jdfairman

PHROGS 4EVER
Sgt Instructors at OCS do not wear smokeys, and there are no drill instructors or Sgt Instructors at TBS. You go to TBS as an officer.

Killer2

TRONS!
None
Think of the "Smokey" as a drill hat. Thats why drill instructors wear them, because they "drill" recruits. Then you have Sgt. instructors at OCS, they are there to eval and screen future Marine Officers, not drill them. Thats why they don't curse as much or (at least thats what they tell you) have a pit because they are not there to make you a good follower but a "Leader of MARINES" Thats what I've been told.

Status
Not open for further replies.