• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sleep Apnea??

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Make copies because medical will lose important records. WILL! MY entire medical record has already disappeared once.

Disappeared??

So did my shot card .... :eek:

The result ??? :eek:

12 shots -- the hard way; all w/shiny 10-foot needles and/or shot-"needleguns" ... and all at once onboard ship heading for WestPac ... the shot line looked like a freakin' Shillelagh Line ... complete w/ glistening needles and smiling, leering Corpsmen ... I put my head down and ran through ... I think they still got me 14-15 times ... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Flugelman

Contributor
Disappeared??

BTDT... Had to go to Kadena for altitude chamber training/requal courtesy of the Chair Force. Tried to leave Kadena, oops, no shot record. But it was here when I left Tachi... :(

8 shots plus the dreaded Gamma globulin (sp?) in the arse. :eek:

That, or wait for command to send replacement...:sleep_125

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Disappeared??

The result ??? :eek:

12 shots -- the hard way; all w/shiny 10-foot needles and/or shot-"needleguns" ... and all at once onboard ship heading for WestPac ... the shot line looked like a freakin' Shillelagh Line ... complete w/ glistening needles and smiling, leering Corpsmen ... I put my head down and ran through ... I think they still got me 14-15 times ... :eek::eek::eek::eek:
I had received most of the required shots before going to OCS and had proof of it. Ended up getting them all again in two series. Then the medical record went missing and got every shot again. Show up to API and find out I didn't have some shots recorded in the medical record. Got some more shots. Show up to Primary and find out that some shots weren't completed in the right time frame. Got some more shots. Show up to Advanced and find out I'm missing two more shots. Got some more shots. I prefer the needle over shot gun.

God bless the Navy and Tricare. I finally asked a doc what will happen to me after getting most of the shots three to four times, "Oh you'll probably be fine. You are just more resistant to somethings than others." Probably is my favorite word, life for instance when the xray tech told me, "You're over your yearly limit for radiation and xrays, but you'll probably be fine."

I keep copies of my upchits, waiver letter and shot card. Waiver letter is life and death and the others are for convenience.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I always wonder when i see the media hoopla over childhood immunizations and how often kids get shots if they've ever taken a look at a military shot record...

their heads would explode. 20 year career, 7 moves average, figure the shot record gets lost 5 times out of 7... 3-5 shots a time...15-25 extra immunizations. Not even counting all the random ones we get...?

I guess if the record is lost though, it doesn't count.

this post is not meant to be serious at all. well, maybe a little bit. Everytime I PCS I get a new round of shots... I should be immune to literally everything. Including 9MM bullets.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One of my co-workers (he's in his late 40's) has sleep apnea. Poor guy would fall asleep right in front of your eyes at least 10 times a day. He had the proper study done and now sleeps with an oxygen mask, which helps him function normally during the day.

One of the old dudes who flew the T-39 in VT-86 would fall asleep on low-levels periodically. You would look over and he would be slightly hunched over, eyes closed, off in la-la land. Fun times! :D

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I like big bullets ... big, slow bullets ... da kine' that make big holes ... slowly. :)

You were just the 1911 fan I had in mind. ;)

For the record I own both a 1911 and a Glock 19 (and a 21) but .45 ACP is still the only handgun caliber where I feel just as good about ball as I do hollow point.

Who woulda thunk we could turn a sleep apnea thread into a debate on 9mm vs .45 in 3 posts. BZ gents

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Who woulda thunk we could turn a sleep apnea thread into a debate on 9mm vs .45 in 3 posts. BZ gents
Ahhh ... threadjacks and sideways course corrections: BEHOLD the mystery and magic that IS Air Warriors ... :D

I'm surprised it took 3 posts ... :D

VIZKRIEG

KILL
Well, not to take away from the excellent ammunition conversation, but a little update is in order.

I finally got in touch with the HM3 at Sewell's Point that did my flightphys, and she looked over the electronic copy of my physical and it was a freakin TYPO!! The whole dynamic of my career could have been changed before it even started, because someone put a check in the wrong box whilst typing up my physical....
Thankfully, thats all over now and I should be cleared as soon as NAMI gets the paperwork.

Thanks again for the help guys.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Well, not to take away from the excellent ammunition conversation, but a little update is in order.

I finally got in touch with the HM3 at Sewell's Point that did my flightphys, and she looked over the electronic copy of my physical and it was a freakin TYPO!! The whole dynamic of my career could have been changed before it even started, because someone put a check in the wrong box whilst typing up my physical....
Thankfully, thats all over now and I should be cleared as soon as NAMI gets the paperwork.

Thanks again for the help guys.
Get copies of that immediately and record the names and dates of all conversations. Someday you may need that information.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...I finally got in touch with the HM3 at Sewell's Point ... and it was a freakin TYPO!! The whole dynamic of my career could have been changed before it even started....
Excellent. Like we said ... :) ... "I LOVE THE FUCKIN' NAVY AND THE NAVY LOVES FUCKIN' ME" ... but look on the bright side: a life-changing experience has occurred ...

Lessons learned
-- i.e., 7 Pearls of Truth & Wisdom for those who want to "Check 6" throughout life:

1. ALWAYS FOLLOW UP ... if YOU don't, who will?? ... other people just don't care ...

2. IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE RIGHT; DO IT YOURSELF ... ESPECIALLY IF IT DIRECTLY IMPACTS YOU ...
(or at least x-check it -- the ol' trust but verify routine ... )

3. WHEN SOMETHING DOESN'T MAKE SENSE; THERE'S ALWAYS A REASON WHY ...

4. AS LONG AS YOU'RE STILL BREATHING -- NEVER, EVER GIVE UP ...

5. LOVE THE FUCKIN' NAVY ...

6. THE NAVY LOVES FUCKIN' YOU ...

7. LOVE YOUR MOTHER ... :)