• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Since when is a go-around for separation a "mishap"

phrogpilot73

Screenshot.png

H60Gunner

Contributor
Watched the talking heads on national news hype this up. About half way though the story I fell asleep. About as exciting as watching turtles screw.

Python

pilot
Contributor
Also, while the C-17 is at a normal approach speed, the first lady's aircraft does 500 on final, at least according to this guy

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
This is the reason I dont have cable anymore... paying attention to CNN, Fox, etc. makes my blood pressure skyrocket...

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Holy-blowing-it-out-of-proportion, Batman!

Lamest. Story. Ever.

This has to be intentionally horrible reporting. I know the networks have the capability to call a pilot, ANY pilot on the phone, who can tell them this is no big deal and to forget it. They deliberately choose not to so as to have a story to fill a few minutes of airtime with.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I'm sure they called a pilot, or several pilots, and they all said the same thing 'Uhhh, this is a non issue, happens all the time.... no one was at risk'.... I'm also convinced they hung up and decided just to not report what EVERY aviation expert probably told them.

In my opinion it's just about the same thing as libel.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm sure they called a pilot, or several pilots, and they all said the same thing 'Uhhh, this is a non issue, happens all the time.... no one was at risk'.... I'm also convinced they hung up and decided just to not report what EVERY aviation expert probably told them.

In my opinion it's just about the same thing as libel.

No kidding. I was screaming at the TV. All I wanted was for an opportunity to call in and make these guys look like the fools that they are. Fucking pathetic!

Brett

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Amazing the incompitence of the news. Unless the parallel was closed Andrews has two really long runways.

I'm also surprised they let anyone near the field. The "ramp freeze" mentality of the secret service has spread to include everyone and their sister can't be even on the ramp when anyone on their list is within 10 minutes or so. They skycops arrived to shoo our whole ground crew away while we were doing post-start checks once because the Sec State was on approach an hour earlier than they scheduled. We told tower we weren't shutting so our crew had to stand at the hangar door for 20 minutes and watch while the 757 landed and taxied to the temrinal and disgoraged their load. Andrews was/is a hassle.

IRfly

None
Watched the talking heads on national news hype this up. About half way though the story I fell asleep. About as exciting as watching turtles screw.

On an interesting sidenote, I actually have seen turtles (well, tortoises, but close enough) screw. At the San Diego Zoo. We heard them groaning and thought there might be a hurt animal. Yes, they groan.

You're welcome. :)

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
POTUS and Mrs POTUS live in the bubble. Any delay is unacceptable to their staff.

PerDiem

Look what I can do!!
On an interesting sidenote, I actually have seen turtles (well, tortoises, but close enough) screw. At the San Diego Zoo. We heard them groaning and thought there might be a hurt animal. Yes, they groan.

You're welcome. :)

Interesting this was brought up because turtle sex can be pretty damn funny. :D

Flugelman

Contributor
Interesting this was brought up because turtle sex can be pretty damn funny. :D
To continue the threadjack...

Brings to mind the time we took our 11 year old daughter to the Honolulu Zoo. She was mortified when we saw the giant Galapagos Tortoises gettin' it on. "EEEWWWW Gross! Let's go, let's go!":icon_tong

SWACQ

pilot
Contributor
Odd how we went from the First Lady's "mishap" to a full on discussion about turtle sex. Clearly one is more interesting than the other. ;)