• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Since no one else will ask "Where are the carriers?"

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
I will. An Aegis cruiser & another small boy don't get it: Do we have a CVN in the area? A flight of B-2s & some F-22s won't turn a Korean War around if the North launches first and catches the RKAF & ours on the ground.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Sequestered. In all seriousness though, the two small boys, assuming the other is a ddg, have the capability to knock down any manner of ballistic missiles that may be launched. I would say where is the MEU before looking for the CVN, but that's me.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I will. An Aegis cruiser & another small boy don't get it: Do we have a CVN in the area? A flight of B-2s & some F-22s won't turn a Korean War around if the North launches first and catches the RKAF & ours on the ground.
And a carrier will?

robav8r

None
Contributor
Easy folks . . . don't let all the "drama" of the budget debate distract you from what is ready, willing and able !!!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Sequestered. In all seriousness though, the two small boys, assuming the other is a ddg, have the capability to knock down any manner of ballistic missiles that may be launched. I would say where is the MEU before looking for the CVN, but that's me.

In this case, I'd rather have the carrier. The extra strike capability would make a bigger difference than one more battalion on the deck.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Giving an attention whore what it wants just encourages more bad behavior. The fact that this notion is apparently lost on those who have spent a significant amount of time in the military worries me a lot more than any DPRK rhetoric.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Or maybe they know more about what's going on than you do, Brett.

Who are you referring to, specifically? Because none of the top leaders, save our uniformed ones, have any significant time in the military. Could you be criticizing senior military leadership, Brett?

Web-san, I think someone might've hacked Brett's account. You may want to check on that.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Do we have a CVN in the area?

I would say where is the MEU before looking for the CVN, but that's me.
If ol' Kim Il FlungDung, were stupid enough to pull the trigger, there'd be a couple of each there in short order to bloody his nose. Don't believe his Chinese & Roosky 'Daddies' would allow it. Just the standard genetic Kim Il XXX stale bluster that's been going down for 3 generations now. All a distraction to keep his starving masses in line. Hard to believe the North & South Koreans are of the same roots, shows the power of total early youth indoctrination ( "brain-washing")!:rolleyes:
BzB

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Where to start? In addition to the forces already in the ROK there are a couple of big islands to the east and south of the Korean peninsula that have quite a few US personnel and aircraft that can easily respond to any crisis, that includes an F-16 wing in Misawa, a fighter/AWACS/tanker wing in Okinawa, a bomber det in Guam, MAG-12 and CVW-5. So for now, I think we got it covered.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
With 4 squadrons of attack-capable jets + Prowlers, they can do a little more than 6 Harriers supporting a Marine Battalion trying to get ashore somewhere. Just sayin' . .

This is not an either/or scenario. We'll need both. Lots of both. Plus USAF and Army......and then some.

6 Harriers and a BLT aren't going to roll back the NK hordes by themselves and a CV can't hold any land.

Reactions: Fog

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
I just got back from participating in KR/Foal Eagle stuff, there is plenty of things in the works without going to far into detail that can't be shared here. I've been a part of both NCC and ACC sides of the house, we are well prepared.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I just got back from participating in KR/Foal Eagle stuff, there is plenty of things in the works without going to far into detail that can't be shared here. I've been a part of both NCC and ACC sides of the house, we are well prepared.

Concur, but as a UFL participant, I think it's safe to say that it would be an all hands event and quite ugly regardless.