• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Silver Dollar Tradition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTodd

I was told that when you grad. from OCS that you are suppose to give a silver dollar to the first person that salutes you. Now what kinf of silver dollare are we talking baout? I have a few silver dollars from 1976 and one from 1972. are these good enough?
PS
Does anyone know the grad date for occ184?
bouncy_125.gif

schmuckatelli

I am not sure what the Marines do but at Navy OCS there were three grades of silver dollar available to buy. There was a solid silver dollar which cost around $25 if I remember correctly, one that cost $8, and then the normal Susan B. Anthony silver dollars for $1. At Navy OCS after the commissioning ceremony there is the first salute ceremony where the class chief and class drill instructor give you your first salute. For these two people most of us bought the more expensive silver dollars as a way of saying thanks. Some people got some extra Susan B. Anthonys to give to the other candidates who saluted them on their way back from commissioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.