• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Sierra Hotel" Flight Suits

montellv

Professional Badguy
pilot
This is my only attempt at modeling. Oh wait, I think I just blacked out.

Attachments

• 1black4.gif
    1black4.gif
    20.2 KB · Views: 254

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
While I was over in Japan, HSL-51 wore red flight suits every once in a while, VF-154 wore black ones, and if I'm not mistaken, VFA-192 wore blue ones every once in a while. We flew in COD's so we weren't cool enough to get a special color....

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Your post is worthless without pics Schnugg!

Look at your own risk...:D
http://www.subicbaypi.com/subic_photo_girls.htm :icon_smil

Ahhhhh...the memories....
photo_cubi_bar2.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor

photo_cubi_bar2.jpg

INDEED !!! Someone mentioned CUBI being a "liberty port". Hong Kong and Singapore were "liberty ports" .... CUBI was HOME when you were in 7th Fleet !!! :D

Thank you, BOXMAN for bringing the CUBI O' Club bar back to CONUS!!! I, for one, salute you ... :captain_1

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
While I couldn't find any pictures of flight crews wearing their shit hot "Evel Knievel" flight suits, I did run across this extremely rare photo of A4s when he was in his prime.
:D :icon_zbee

geezer-1.jpg

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
photo_cubi_bar2.jpg
Good story from Ed Dougil, the old original Cubi O'Club manager, and Tooter Teague's input for improving the club, back in the day……

[…]"It wasn’t long before I realized that if I was to run this club, I’d better try to understand the “brown shoe Navy”. I got to talking to a C-1 pilot and he told me the Kitty Hawk was on its way to Subic, and was about 200 miles off-shore. With a couple of cases of San Miguel, I talked him into taking me out to the ship." […]​

http://www.freepowerboards.com/cubioclub/cubioclub-about50.html

Lovebug201

standby, mark mark, pull
None
photo_cubi_bar2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

So there I was - sounds like a war story - it is sort of
Standing in the middle of this room, fall 1970 surrounded by Crusader jocks. They were headed back stateside to transisition to the F-4. They wanted to know what the hell it was that an RO did and why the hell did they need them.

My pilot said I held my own, but it really didn't matter they were buying the beer:D

East

东部
Contributor
RAF Red Arrows...

(oh no it's HSL)

Attachments

• Tori%20Gate%20Ceremony%20Dirty%20Ronin.jpg
    Tori%20Gate%20Ceremony%20Dirty%20Ronin.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 266

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Whoa, I know the guy holding the squadron emblem. Those flight suits are TERRIBLE...

helo_wifey

Yeah, but you haven't seen anything until you've seen the HSL-51 dodgeball "uniform". Grown men shouldn't wear diapers, especially ones with squadron logos strategically placed.