• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

side stiches (pains while exercising)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
I've been battling these for a long time, and have tried everything to beat them. Alternating my breathing pattern, exhaling at different strides, breathing short shallow breaths, everything. Has anyone had a problem with this and found a remedy to it?

Josh

Grant

I always thought it was a dehydration thing, so I drank tons of water and/or Gatorade (or similar). Seemed to work for me.... but then again, it might just be coincidence?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In my experience, those kinds of pains are usually a result of cramping of the diaphram. I've had good results with focusing on putting the diaphram through its full range of motion by overinhaling to stretch it out, followed by overexhaling(squeezing the last bit of air out). Do this for a few breathing cycles and it tends to loosen you up. This can also work for shoulder and upper torso cramping that can be a phantom type pain that really originates in the diaphram.

Good luck,

Brett

Geese

You guys are dangerous.
Yeah, hydration seems to help with these, and even thought it seems contrary to logic, most people can "run" them off. Try to get involved with more aerobic sports/activities, that may help too.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
Yea I know the physiology of it, which is pretty much your organs pulling down on the diaphragm which is why you get them typically. I'll try the overinhaling/exhaling trick. Its just a royal pain in the ass because I'll be cruising along and they hit and totally kill my endurance...

Status
Not open for further replies.