• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Shooting Qual in Pensacola?

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Ok, so I'm swimming in A-pool and finding stuff to do. But does anyone know if I can get my shooting qual out here? anyone? anyone?

highlyrandom

Naval Aviator
pilot
Go to Pass and Tag and ask any of the MAs where you can go to qualify. The range is out past the golf course, and the sooner you ask, the more likely it is that they can put you on the list for the next shoot.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
MA = Master at Arms
One of the enlisted guys working at the gate or inside the Pass and Tag office. Its a Navy rate.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
MA = Master at Arms
One of the enlisted guys working at the gate or inside the Pass and Tag office. Its a Navy rate.
A Navy rate? No sh!t?:D
Most of the gate guards aren't bonifide MAs. Many are TAD augmentees.

The people to get in touch with are the guys at NASP base weps. They run the range and control all the ammo.

Brett

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
MA = Master at Arms
Brett327 said:
A Navy rate? No sh!t?

well, you're both wrong. MA is a rating. Rate would be the paygrade :D

never pass up the chance to be a smarta$$ right?

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
A Navy rate? No sh!t?:D
Most of the gate guards aren't bonifide MAs. Many are TAD augmentees.

The people to get in touch with are the guys at NASP base weps. They run the range and control all the ammo.

Brett

Where exactly is the base weps at NAS?

dnweinreb

Super DUPER Hornets!
None
We went shooting during OCS but the GM who does the quals wasn't there so we couldn't shoot for score. I've been trying to find a phone number for the small arms facility since august but I couldn't find a listing in the NASP directory or anywhere else. Short of driving myself down there and knocking on that trailer that smells like pee I'm not sure what to do. Sorry Christian I know I dropped the ball on that one.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Well, I went to the Armory this afternoon because thats where they do the shooting quals. The only bad news (other than driving all over base and getting lost) was that you must be part of a group which received specific permission from your command. Its bc the command must "allocate" a certain number of ammo. You cant just go on an individual basis or as a group unless you received something from the command saying "Hey, we need these guys to get qualed. Heres the paperwork" or something crap like that.

Yea....what da duece?

dnweinreb

Super DUPER Hornets!
None
I talked to LT "you know who" about it and he said he would authorize it as a "command activity" if we did all the legwork about getting the people together. Who did you talk to down at the range? Did you get any contact info for them?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
well, you're both wrong. MA is a rating. Rate would be the paygrade :D

never pass up the chance to be a smarta$$ right?
It's a rate, you douche bag ;) You don't hear people saying, "Choose your rating, choose your fate-ing" now do you?:D

Brett

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
It's a rate, you douche bag ;) You don't hear people saying, "Choose your rating, choose your fate-ing" now do you?:D

Brett

That's just because rating doesn't rhyme :D

The use of the word "rank" for Navy enlisted personnel is incorrect. The term is "rate." The rating badge is a combination of rate (pay grade, as indicated by the chevrons) and rating (occupational specialty, as indicated by the symbol just above the chevrons).
http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/ranks/rankrate.html