• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Shooting in Pensacola

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Alright alright, I know there has already been a thread about PLACES to shoot in Pensacola, but....

What sort of credentials/ID do you need to present when shooting in FL? I ask because currently I live in IL and when I go shoot I have to present my Firearm Owner ID every time. Do I need any of this in FL?

Also, where is the best place to get ammo down there? Do I need to be a FL resident to purchase firearms or get a CCW?

lots of questions, thanks!

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Just a drivers license, if that. I honestly can't remember if I had to show anything at the Pace range to shoot. You'll have to sign something agreeing to their rules, but its very easy to shoot there.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
You have to be stationed here or have a Fl DL to purchase a weapon. Anyone can apply for a CCW permit. Best place to buy ammo is online.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
You have to be stationed here or have a Fl DL to purchase a weapon. Anyone can apply for a CCW permit. Best place to buy ammo is online.

I bought my gun at Mike's when I was there, and they said I had to have a Florida DL/ID card to purchase a gun. I thought it'd be hard to get, but I walked into the DL office in Milton and walked out 5 minutes later with a new Florida ID card so I could buy a gun.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Alright alright, I know there has already been a thread about PLACES to shoot in Pensacola, but....

What sort of credentials/ID do you need to present when shooting in FL? I ask because currently I live in IL and when I go shoot I have to present my Firearm Owner ID every time. Do I need any of this in FL?

Also, where is the best place to get ammo down there? Do I need to be a FL resident to purchase firearms or get a CCW?

lots of questions, thanks!

Welcome to a Free State. Illinois is one of the worst anti-gun states in the Union. It will be a shock for you to live in a state that actually respects your rights.

No "credentials". There is no "firearms ID" in Florida. Just be of legal federal age (Florida's ages are the same basically) and of clean record. In other words, a normal citizen.

Ammo? Walmart. I have never seen a Florida gun store with good ammo prices. Rip offs. I actually buy most of my ammo online anyway. Much better prices.

To purchase firearms... ok it's wierd in the military. If you are stationed in Florida, that is good enough. You can just show your military ID and orders. That being said, most FFLs don't like that... SOOOO, get yourself a state ID. Not a driver's license (unless you want that), but a standard ID with your FLORIDA address on it. It's legal and kosher. In Florida, the ID costs 5 dollars.

CCW. Florida has a GREAT CCW license. One of the most accepted across the nation for reciprocity. You do NOT need to be a resident of Florida to get a CCW. I got mine while stationed in MS.