• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Shooting at NAVSEA

GroundPounder

The information at this point has one of the shooters down, and two more at large. I hope that the multiple shooter are a part of the " fog of war " and there was just one person responsible. Multiple shooter involved takes it to the next level for the obvious reasons.

It is very common to have conflicting stories about the number / descriptions of actors in situations such as this in the early stages of an event.

alaurin

All day, every day!
1 shooter, former naval reservist employed as a computer contractor. Very sad day for NAVSEA and the entire defense community. Apparently he had a history of angry confrontations and holding grudges, says CNN.

"Hate blows a bubble of despair through the universe." -e.e. cummings

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
1 shooter, former naval reservist employed as a computer contractor. Very sad day for NAVSEA and the entire defense community. Apparently he had a history of angry confrontations and holding grudges, says CNN.

"Hate blows a bubble of despair through the universe." -e.e. cummings
He wasn't a reservist, he was an FTS sailor.

alaurin

All day, every day!
CNN kept calling him a former Navy Reservist, but CNN probably doesn't know much about the specifics of the military. And I'm certainly no expert.

jcj

Washington Post says he was an AE3 and got a general discharge for "a pattern of misconduct" including a firearms related arrest in Ft. Worth (he had two firearms related arrests but it's not reported if the Navy knew about the other one). He was then hired by a subcontractor of H-P to do work on NMCI which gave him a CAC card, installation access and apparently a secret security clearance. Of course, it's the media so no guarantee on the details being exactly right but I'm sure they'll be all over this like pit bulls on a steak.

source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...31ce-1f07-11e3-8459-657e0c72fec8_story_1.html

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Now I'm confused…contractor or "on active duty"?

He was discharged (I've heard General). I was trying to keep the thread clean, but since you asked...

A FTS sailor is a Reservist, so the press is correct. There are many different flavors of Reservists: Selected Reserve (what everyone thinks of as a Reservist), Inactive Ready Reserve, and Training and Administration of Reserves (the Title X name for FTS).

So he was a Reservist, was discharged, and became a contractor. At least as of the info I heard this morning.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
He was discharged (I've heard General). I was trying to keep the thread clean, but since you asked...

A FTS sailor is a Reservist, so the press is correct. There are many different flavors of Reservists: Selected Reserve (what everyone thinks of as a Reservist), Inactive Ready Reserve, and Training and Administration of Reserves (the Title X name for FTS).

So he was a Reservist, was discharged, and became a contractor. At least as of the info I heard this morning.

What about the BURP; the Basic Unemployed Reservist Pilot? What category do they fall into??