• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Shipping on the 28th of May to Juniors

batman527

Banned
If i'm selected by the board that's taking place on January 31st or February 1st, I'll be shipping to OCS on the 28th of May. Any other Newbies out there looking at the same date?

On another line of thought, would it be worth it to drive down to Quantico so I could have my car there, or should I just take the flight?

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Unless something has changed, PLC Juniors/Seniors aren't authorized to have a POV at OCS. So I guess you'll be catching the flight.

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Do you know if the PLC- combined guys are able to bring POV's. I live 20 miles from Quantico and would love to have my car for libo. I am attending PLC-C/192occ this summer starting June 4th.

NickPollock19

Prospective Candidate for OCS
Srs are authorized for POV's, Jr's are authorized if you live within a certain raidius (check with your OSO....it's pretty clsoe distance) OCC are authorized POV's, personally, i would take the flight, when i went to Jr's, i could always find other candidates that wanted to take a cab, even if they are different companies/platoons. You only have 3 liberties at Jrs anyways, and 1 of them for sure you will have duty on saturday, and 1 you will have duty on sunday, and 1 weekend you wont have duty at all, so really its only worth it to stay off base 1 weekend, i believe PLC combined is authorized POV too

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
I will be shipping on June 4, but on liberty, I will try to spend some time with my wife. She will be 8 1/2 months pregnant when I first get liberty and is due in the middle of July… SO maybe:confused:

batman527

Banned
oh I see, well then, have a nice time with your wife. I wouldn't want to get in the way of that, especially with a baby so close to arrival. Congratulations! Best wishes.

brickwall

K/1 2004, ?/? 2006
If I can get it, that's when I ship for seniors. If not, then it's second increment again :( Congrats you two on getting selected, just make sure you're ready.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Baby at OCS

Pregnant wife? Make sure your platoon staff knows about that. They'll pretend not to care, but they really do want you to see your child birth. If you're able to bring your car, it benefits you during libo and upon graduation. If you only live 20 miles away, get your parents or friends to drive you. If you don't like taking a cab, make some dude pay you $50 to take his duty, and go home and get a lot of lap dances. Just my $0.02.