• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SHARP on MAC

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
The newest CAC certificates (CA 24) don't always work with the Mac OS X 10.5/Leopard and might need a bit of work on your part to work with 10.6/Snow Leopard. Militarycac.com explains all of that and it's also good DIY tech support.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've used Chrome with MAC OSX and IMHO, it handles the CAC certificates seamlessly.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The newest CAC certificates (CA 24) don't always work with the Mac OS X 10.5/Leopard and might need a bit of work on your part to work with 10.6/Snow Leopard. Militarycac.com explains all of that and it's also good DIY tech support.

When I got my new ID card a couple months ago, I lost all access on my Mac. Going to the site you mentioned, I found that this was a "feature" of the new card. There was a recommendation for a piece of software that streamlined the process for ~$30, but for now, I gave up and just went to my Win7 machine (or I guess I could have done it in Bootcamp, too). Win7 doesn't require ActiveClient or anything other than that one library file you have to get off that site. It's been working mostly great, though I've never been able to get on E-Leave.

SHARP, OWA and Sharepoints have been fine, though.

S.O.B.

pilot
Yea. It's just not working, NMCI and other CAC enable WEB sites are no problem but I can't get SHARP for some reason.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
There was a recommendation for a piece of software that streamlined the process for ~$30...

There was another option on there (for Snow Leopard/10.6) with either a freeware or beta version (but free either way) that I tried and it worked for me. YMMV, use at your own risk, etc.

As for security "features" and their "upgrades," when I wonder why the upgrade is somehow better, for some reason I always I think of this:

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Does SHARP use the email certificate or the identity certificate? I know that NMCI really wants the email cert and balks at your identity cert.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
SHARP "needs" internet explorer. I looked into this a while back and decided to just keep using Parallels for that reason. I can get on other CAC required websites on my Mac side, but if I want SHARP I have to use Windows since the highest IE for Mac is too low for SHARP. Unless someone knows another way...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
There was another option on there (for Snow Leopard/10.6) with either a freeware or beta version (but free either way) that I tried and it worked for me. YMMV, use at your own risk, etc.

As for security "features" and their "upgrades," when I wonder why the upgrade is somehow better, for some reason I always I think of this:

I wonder if there's a "new" option. I think I last looked at this around September-timeframe. It pretty much said, flat out, it was a no go unless you used <recommended software>. I didn't go deeper since my PC with Win7 was running in the other room.

Does SHARP use the email certificate or the identity certificate? I know that NMCI really wants the email cert and balks at your identity cert.
That's the weird thing about Windows 7 (and documented on Jim's recommended site). To get into Sharepoints, you have to use your email cert, even though you're supposed to use your security cert. But to get into SHARP, you still use your security cert. Neither worked for me when it came to E-Leave.

I think I had a similar issue with PERS at home and just gave up. Fortunately, all this computer access makes things easier.