• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SF 86 Time

BigRed389

None
Quick question for those more familiar with the TS/SCI SSBI:

Does owning even a small amount of stock in a foreign company (even if traded within the US on NASDAQ/NYSE) reportable on a SF 86?

Thanks for any guidance from those in the know.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Rule of thumb is to put everything down and let the interviewer tell you it's not a big deal.

Otherwise you have to do a follow-up interview to explain why you didn't list a cousin who moved to Europe and you haven't seen in 10 years...

Flying Toaster

None
Just think: If you had only listed your cousin who moved to Europe in first place, there wouldn't have been any issues at all.

It also would have been easier had my coworkers not told them I was on a student visa from Yemen and that I keep an Iranian and North Korean flag stashed under my desk.

SWACQ

pilot
Contributor
I can't imagine an investigator taking much stock in anything an ex-wife says. Otherwise roughly half of all Naval Aviators with clearances would have been revoked.

SWACQ

pilot
Contributor
Quick question for those more familiar with the TS/SCI SSBI:

Does owning even a small amount of stock in a foreign company (even if traded within the US on NASDAQ/NYSE) reportable on a SF 86?

Thanks for any guidance from those in the know.

Those of us here "in the know" are end users who have filled out SF-86's or sat through investigations. The guy you should be asking is your Command's security manager, who actually has some sort of training on this stuff. Why are you filling out an SF-86 anyhow, your info is now entered on e-QIP via the internet.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
We filled out an SF 86 and then manually entered it into e-QIP. The 86 just organized the info in one place.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Those of us here "in the know" are end users who have filled out SF-86's or sat through investigations. The guy you should be asking is your Command's security manager, who actually has some sort of training on this stuff. Why are you filling out an SF-86 anyhow, your info is now entered on e-QIP via the internet.

Not really. The security manager doesn't see much of the investigation side, nor do they get trained on the content of investigations except for administratively initiating them and hearsay about what's important and what isn't. If you're talking "in the know", only OPM and DoNCAF really know authoritatively what they're doing. The rest of us are just peering in over the fence and taking guesses.

Having said all that, I'm agreed with helolumpy....tell them everything and let them tell you it's not important.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
We filled out an SF 86 and then manually entered it into e-QIP. The 86 just organized the info in one place.

And keep a hard copy of the form so in 5 years when you have to do it again, you have all the addresses for the last 10 years...

H60Gunner

Contributor
And keep a hard copy of the form so in 5 years when you have to do it again, you have all the addresses for the last 10 years...

To add to helolumpy;

I just did my PR, eQIP lets you print the entire deal out to save for next time. I did it the hard way and skipped filling out the SF-86.